Here we have the new 4.6 Catalyst drivers in a nutshell. One thing we can honestly say is that if you're trying to break the Aquamark 3 record, stick with the 4.5 drivers as it seems to take a big hit with the latest release from ATI. We see a little jump in most games but at the end of the day its nothing that you would really be able to notice in games - the difference in some games is only an FPS or two.
If you're benchmarking 3DMark 2003 quite heavily and trying to break some records (like me recently as a bunch of new high-speed products hit our labs) we would definitely recommend installing these new drivers as we saw quite a good jump in both resolutions and when we had AA and AF maxed out.
It's great to see Overdrive is available in the new drivers. Though, in all honesty, a lot of people buying the X800 cards will know how to overclock manually and will not be afraid to do it. Nonetheless, Overdrive is a nice little marketing feature and as you can see you do get a slight jump in performance. There can be no harm in using it if you don't want to manually overclock for whatever your reason.
Overall we have a nice driver set with not only some new performance increases under Windows XP SP1 but some fixes for some of the more recent games. If you haven't installed the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI yet, don't be afraid as they are quite good and they should give you a little bit more power to work with.
- You can download ATI Catalyst drivers here from the ATI website
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Andy Rubin's Essential phone is stunning and powerful
- ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ: 31.5-inch 1440p 144Hz FreeSync
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 Katana: hands-on with the ninja
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti HOF Limited Edition detailed
- GALAX shows off GTX 1080 Ti HOF OC Lab Edition
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card