Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon 64 3400+
Video card(s): Gigabyte nVidia nForce 3 250GB (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Video card(s): GeCube X800 Pro (Supplied by GeCube)
Memory: 1 x 512MB Kingmax PC4000 (Supplied by Kingmax)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM (Supplied by Western Digital)
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional SP1
We will be running just a few of our normal benchmarks but we have also jumped onto the FarCry benchmarking bandwagon. We also test using 6x AA and 16x AF to see if the new drivers offer an increase in performance in this area as stated in the release notes on the previous page.
As we mentioned, the latest drivers also offer the X800 Pro the ability to operate using Overdrive so we will see what kind of increase in performance this gives us.
3DMark 2001 SE
3DMark2001 SE is a part of the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
The move in performance in 1024 X 768 is the fluctuation point that we usually see in 3DMark 2001. Moving to 1600 X 1200 you see that the new 4.6 drivers give a little jump and Overdrive gives you another jump again.
3DMark03 is the latest installment in the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 9 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce FX and ATI Radeon 9800), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
Please Note: Due to recent events with the 3DMark03 series, we are adding results purely for those who are still in favor of 3DMark03. These results should not be taken too seriously and are only added for interest sakes.
Here you see in both resolutions that the new drivers give an increased score. With Overdrive enabled, the score is greater again, as expected.
Aquamark3 is the latest installment of the Aquamark benchmark suite. This new benchmark is much more powerful and demands much more from both the system and the graphics card. If there is any weakness in the system or 3D components, Aquamark3 will find them.
We see quite a big performance dive in Aquamark 3 with the new drivers. It is obvious though that Overdrive does give a solid increase.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Note8 to have better optical zoom than iPhone 7?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 explodes and catches fire
- NVIDIA CEO hands out first Tesla V100s to AI researchers
- ADATA's new XPG SPECTRIC D40: RGB DDR4 for X299
- Battlegrounds made more than Overwatch on PC last month
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology