Back in March, 2004, we decided to pit the elite of the Intel Pentium 4 chipsets against each other; this being chipsets supporting 800MHz FSB, Dual Channel DDR memory support, Serial ATA as well as Gigabit Ethernet to see who would be king. Without so much as a glance, the i875P won out, due in large part to Intel's greater experience with DDR SDRAM for the Pentium 4 platform.
While everyone wants to get the ultra powerful processors, the most memory and greatest graphics cards, for some of us on the budget, it simply isn't feasible to have all this great technology. This doesn't mean, however, that we are without options for a great performing system.
While Dual Channel DDR does deliver the ultimate in Pentium 4 pleasure, single channel solutions have come a long way since its humble beginnings with the i845D chipset from Intel. Now we have Ali, SiS and VIA all producing single channel DDR chipsets for the Pentium 4 for the ultra budget market. Though lacking Dual Channel Memory, these chipsets are all 800MHz FSB ready, support DDR-400 and also come ready for the Prescott series processors.
Today we have the Intel, VIA, SiS and Ali chipsets on the test bed to determine, who is able to deliver the ultimate in single channel DDR, and where you should look if you are considering your purchase.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 1 [Introduction]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 2 [The Chipsets - Intel i848P]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 3 [The Chipsets - VIA PT800]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 4 [The Chipsets - SiS 648FX]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 5 [The Chipsets - Ali M1683]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 6 [The Reference Boards]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Media Encoding]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Halo PC]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 15 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's purported GeForce GTX 1060 will rock 6GB of RAM
- Windows 95 has been installed onto an Apple Watch... because why not
- Battlefield 5: Eastern Front rumors are reportedly fake
- Samsung 'Bedtime VR Stories' is a truly new way of telling stories
- First Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer now live
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched