Back in March, 2004, we decided to pit the elite of the Intel Pentium 4 chipsets against each other; this being chipsets supporting 800MHz FSB, Dual Channel DDR memory support, Serial ATA as well as Gigabit Ethernet to see who would be king. Without so much as a glance, the i875P won out, due in large part to Intel's greater experience with DDR SDRAM for the Pentium 4 platform.
While everyone wants to get the ultra powerful processors, the most memory and greatest graphics cards, for some of us on the budget, it simply isn't feasible to have all this great technology. This doesn't mean, however, that we are without options for a great performing system.
While Dual Channel DDR does deliver the ultimate in Pentium 4 pleasure, single channel solutions have come a long way since its humble beginnings with the i845D chipset from Intel. Now we have Ali, SiS and VIA all producing single channel DDR chipsets for the Pentium 4 for the ultra budget market. Though lacking Dual Channel Memory, these chipsets are all 800MHz FSB ready, support DDR-400 and also come ready for the Prescott series processors.
Today we have the Intel, VIA, SiS and Ali chipsets on the test bed to determine, who is able to deliver the ultimate in single channel DDR, and where you should look if you are considering your purchase.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 1 [Introduction]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 2 [The Chipsets - Intel i848P]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 3 [The Chipsets - VIA PT800]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 4 [The Chipsets - SiS 648FX]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 5 [The Chipsets - Ali M1683]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 6 [The Reference Boards]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Media Encoding]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Halo PC]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- P4 Budget Chipset - Page 15 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars Battlefront PC player count is poor, dominated by Fallout 4
- AMD rumored to launch its dual-GPU next month, the Radeon R9 Fury X2
- India's Cochin International airport runs 100% on solar power
- Apple buys company responsible for Star Wars motion-capture, Faceshift
- Reports claim Apple looks to OLED screens for 2018 phone release
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader
- MSI Announces ECO Series Socket LGA1151 Motherboards
- Mionix Announces New-generation SARGAS Mousepad Family