Quake III Arena
Quake III Arena is a real-world OpenGL benchmark that we have been using here at TweakTown for quite a while now because it has proven itself to be one of the best gaming benchmarks around to compare a wide range of different products. Quake III is getting very old, but is still one of the best ways of testing video and PC systems for any instabilities and best performance.
As expected, Quake 3 is playable on all cards although for some reason the 9550 card following the reference design doesn't quite run as well as the FX 5500 and FX 5700LE.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Value GPU Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Value GPU Shootout - Page 2 [Overview of Radeon 9550]
- Value GPU Shootout - Page 3 [The Core and 9550 Participant Cards]
- Value GPU Shootout - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark 2001 SE]
- Value GPU Shootout - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- Value GPU Shootout - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aquamark 3]
- Value GPU Shootout - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- Value GPU Shootout - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Value GPU Shootout - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- Value GPU Shootout - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Value GPU Shootout - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- Value GPU Shootout - Page 12 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity