Mainconcept MPEG Encoder 1.4.2
Mainconcept is a DV conversion utility to convert DV files into MPEG Layer 2 (DVD) quality video files. We use a 1.2GB test file and convert it into a MPEG-2 video at 720x576 at 25fps with stereo sound and calculate the time each system takes to encode the file, the less the time, the better.
Mainconcept is the first to actually apply SSE3 support in its encoders - here we see the Prescott shine. It will only be when the SSE3 instructions are supported Prescott will be able to take full honours over its brothers.
XMPEG is a high quality converter based on lossless MPEG/AC3 decoders. It decodes MPEG1 (Audio & Video) and MPEG2 streams and offers you the possibility to re-encode them in the format you want. It exports video and audio frames through an Adobe Premiere interface. To keep the maximum quality of your film, it integrates HQ Bicubic (0, 0.75) and Bessel (for audio) filters. The plugins furnished in this package allow you to create your own DivX, DVD, SVCD with the maximum output quality.
For this we used the same file for Mainconcept, however, this time we used XMPEG to convert the file into a MPEG-4 or DIVX video.
Despite XMPEG's lack of SSE3 optimisations, the P4E manages to win out over the P4EE which could be due to the higher Level 2 cache on the P4E over the P4EE.
Lame MP3 is an audio encoding utility that can turn your large wav files into simple MPEG-3 MP3 files. For this we used a 200MB wav file and converted it to MP3 with 128bit 44kHz.
Here we see the Prescott fall right behind the two other Pentium 4 processors.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Three Pentium 4 Amigos - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Three Pentium 4 Amigos - Page 2 [The Cores in Detail]
- Three Pentium 4 Amigos - Page 3 [Which Pentium 4? Compatibility in Question]
- Three Pentium 4 Amigos - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test Systems Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Three Pentium 4 Amigos - Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- Three Pentium 4 Amigos - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Three Pentium 4 Amigos - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Audio and Video Encoding]
- Three Pentium 4 Amigos - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- Three Pentium 4 Amigos - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Halo PC]
- Three Pentium 4 Amigos - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Three Pentium 4 Amigos - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Three Pentium 4 Amigos - Page 12 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD