The best Warcraft III gamers from the East Coast of Australia all traveled to Sydney last Sunday and converged on the classy iStarZone internet gaming establishment at the George Street cinema complex to compete for their chance to win a fully paid trip to Shanghai in China next month for the worldwide final of ABIT ACON4.
ACON4 is a worldwide gaming competition organized by ABIT and sponsored by ATI, KIA Motor Cars, Intel, Kingston, Western Digital and Viewsonic. Gamers from 20 different countries all around the world battled it out against the best gamers in their region and then the best gamer from each country will be flown to Shanghai to compete against the best Warcraft III gamer from each participating country for the chance to win a KIA motor car and other prizes from sponsors. It is kind of like the Olympics for computer gamers but something which has never really been attempted to this scale in the past.
In the case of the Australian leg of the global gaming competition, two gamers from Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland (all different states of Australia for our International readers) made it to the Australian final in Sydney by beating everyone else in their state in a knock-out style competition. Simple math tells us this left us with six finalists who changed their faces from happy grin to serious concentration as the realization of the prizes and experiences up for grabs suddenly kicked in.
We were present at the iStarZone in Sydney last weekend for the final. Let's check out what went on and who will be flying to Shanghai early next month to compete for Australia in the worldwide final. Go Aussie!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- Take-Two relents on singleplayer GTA mods
- 47% of gamers spend money while playing games
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller