Do we really have to say anything else? The images really do speak for themselves. Sure, this might not be the best method of display for you but if you have the money and the wall space, it's something worth looking into. A total weight of 3KG brings you a complete visual setup so you're not only going to be able to play computer games but also watch TV, movies, surf the Internet and more.
Infocus has done an excellent job with this VGA based unit. The new X2 has been released with a DVI port. Since DLP is a digital technology and a normal DB15 port is only analogue it would make sense that the image would become even sharper then before. With digital there is more chance that you would get better use out of optimizations like Full Scene Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering.
You are limited to a maximum resolution of 1024 X 768 and this is going to be quite a big con for a lot of people. Luckily, Infocus do make projectors that output images as high as 1280 X 1024 but the price jump is quite hefty. We had no problems running at 1024 X 768 in general. One advantage is that if you're gaming with this unit you don't have to have a state of the art system because a lot of the older cards will run 1024 X 768 with some form of AA and AF without much of a performance hit.
That's gaming the way it's really meant to be played. Check back in the future as we intend to cover more on this topic.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 2 [The Projector]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 3 [General Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 4 [NFS: Underground Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 5 [Battlefield Vietnam Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 6 [Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 7 [Not just games]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 8 [Advantages & Disadvantages]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo NX might support Pokemon Go and other mobile games
- Xbox One S requires day one updates to play 4K video
- Apple sold less iPhones this quarter, revenues are also down
- Life is Strange getting a live-action episodic series
- Nintendo financials plunge, even with Pokemon GO's immense success
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio