Do we really have to say anything else? The images really do speak for themselves. Sure, this might not be the best method of display for you but if you have the money and the wall space, it's something worth looking into. A total weight of 3KG brings you a complete visual setup so you're not only going to be able to play computer games but also watch TV, movies, surf the Internet and more.
Infocus has done an excellent job with this VGA based unit. The new X2 has been released with a DVI port. Since DLP is a digital technology and a normal DB15 port is only analogue it would make sense that the image would become even sharper then before. With digital there is more chance that you would get better use out of optimizations like Full Scene Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering.
You are limited to a maximum resolution of 1024 X 768 and this is going to be quite a big con for a lot of people. Luckily, Infocus do make projectors that output images as high as 1280 X 1024 but the price jump is quite hefty. We had no problems running at 1024 X 768 in general. One advantage is that if you're gaming with this unit you don't have to have a state of the art system because a lot of the older cards will run 1024 X 768 with some form of AA and AF without much of a performance hit.
That's gaming the way it's really meant to be played. Check back in the future as we intend to cover more on this topic.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 2 [The Projector]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 3 [General Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 4 [NFS: Underground Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 5 [Battlefield Vietnam Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 6 [Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 7 [Not just games]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 8 [Advantages & Disadvantages]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple hits record sales with their Apple Watch
- Uber is opening an advanced AI lab
- Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand