Do we really have to say anything else? The images really do speak for themselves. Sure, this might not be the best method of display for you but if you have the money and the wall space, it's something worth looking into. A total weight of 3KG brings you a complete visual setup so you're not only going to be able to play computer games but also watch TV, movies, surf the Internet and more.
Infocus has done an excellent job with this VGA based unit. The new X2 has been released with a DVI port. Since DLP is a digital technology and a normal DB15 port is only analogue it would make sense that the image would become even sharper then before. With digital there is more chance that you would get better use out of optimizations like Full Scene Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering.
You are limited to a maximum resolution of 1024 X 768 and this is going to be quite a big con for a lot of people. Luckily, Infocus do make projectors that output images as high as 1280 X 1024 but the price jump is quite hefty. We had no problems running at 1024 X 768 in general. One advantage is that if you're gaming with this unit you don't have to have a state of the art system because a lot of the older cards will run 1024 X 768 with some form of AA and AF without much of a performance hit.
That's gaming the way it's really meant to be played. Check back in the future as we intend to cover more on this topic.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 2 [The Projector]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 3 [General Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 4 [NFS: Underground Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 5 [Battlefield Vietnam Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 6 [Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 7 [Not just games]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 8 [Advantages & Disadvantages]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- AMD's new Radeon RX 580 and RX 570 spotted
- Samsung DeX transforms your Galaxy S8 into a desktop PC
- Samsung unveils new Gear 360 camera
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design