The Way Its Meant to be Heard
If you are using the projector in a proper home theater situation and your serious about your sound then chances are your going to be introduced to some beautiful 5.1 Surround Sound in your latest games. If you have an optical port on your sound card you are going to be able to run an optical cable from your computer into your receiver.
If you're fortunate enough to be running a game that supports surround sound, you will be able to take your gaming to another level again. Instead of wondering if you're getting shot from the left or right you can decipher if you're getting shot from the front right, front left, rear right or rear left depending on your audio setup.
Chances are your couch is more comfortable then your chair - so its time to get a bit more use out of it. Depending on the game you can stretch your legs right out on the three seater or sit back on the recliner.
All you need is a wireless mouse and keyboard and you are set. Unfortunately wireless technology still isn't the best and unless you're interested in spending a few more dollars you aren't going to get the most out of it. We would highly recommend the Bluetooth offering from Microsoft which is excellent for gaming.
Since the screen is so big you can throw privacy out the window. If you have a few people over lanning it's not going to be hard for them to turn their heads and figure out where you are in an instant. This is going to bother some people and that's why they would prefer to use something like this in conjunction with a normal monitor.
With the connectors you can plug a monitor into the projector at the same time. You could turn the projector off and use the monitor only or if you're not facing the projector you will able to control the screen if you're doing a presentation, for example.
Still not as sharp
There is no denying that projectors have come extremely far but there is no denying that the image still isn't as sharp as a normal VGA or DVI monitor. This is expected though due to the size and as we have seen everything is playable and readable so you shouldn't run into any problems. We certainly didn't.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 2 [The Projector]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 3 [General Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 4 [NFS: Underground Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 5 [Battlefield Vietnam Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 6 [Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 7 [Not just games]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 8 [Advantages & Disadvantages]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance