As we are mainly focusing on the gaming capability of the projector we don't want to go into too much detail but we feel that we couldn't resist including a picture of DVD playback and TV on this little beauty.
- Pay TV Playback
We were extremely happy with what the 4800 was capable of when it came to playing TV. Unfortunately our Digital TV hasn't been installed yet so we didn't get a chance to see how it plays but at standard definition the unit does a wonderful job.
Taking pictures of a moving image isn't the easiest thing as you will see throughout the article.
- DVD Playback
A Pixar animated movie is the only way to show DVD playback on any good screen and this was no exception - colors were vivid and looked totally stunning. The technology behind projectors these days is much better then only a few years ago.
- Windows XP Usage
Last month we looked at some software known as PowerCinema by Cyberlink. The idea behind this software is so that you can easily read the text on your TV when outputting through S-Video. Thanks to the 1024 X 768 resolution officially supported and the VGA port, the 4800 does an outstanding job of showing very readable text in Windows.
As you can attempt to see for yourself, the desktop is much easier to read which makes moving around Windows on a screen this large just as easy as moving around on a 17" LCD, for instance.
Here you can see moving through your hard drive is extremely easy to do.
That's Windows out the way, let's get into the exciting stuff now and check out gaming usage with our section of current and popular PC games.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 2 [The Projector]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 3 [General Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 4 [NFS: Underground Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 5 [Battlefield Vietnam Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 6 [Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Usage]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 7 [Not just games]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 8 [Advantages & Disadvantages]
- Big Screen Gaming - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications