nVidia's Booth - PCI Express in Action
Next up we have nVidia's engineering sample machine using Intel's upcoming reference Grantsdale chipset supporting PCI Express 16x graphics and DDR-II. We were not told what socket Pentium 4 processor was in use.
The graphics card in this system is the PCI Express 16x flavor of the codenamed NV30 GeForce FX 5900 GPU. As far as we know, it is purely the NV30 with a PCI Express interface. We were unable to determine if the graphics card had native PCI Express support as we could not see if a bridge chip was present or not.
The system was using Micron DDR-II memory which was labeled as being engineering sample.
Interestingly, the Grantsdale reference motherboard from Intel included a 12v molex connector toward the bottom of the motherboard. We are not sure what the additional power is required for but it might go a long way in explaining the lack of 12v molex connector on the GeForce FX 5900 PCI Express card which was included with the regular AGP 8x NV30 when it was first released.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- nVidia @ ISS 2004 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- nVidia @ ISS 2004 - Page 2 [nVidia's Booth - GeForce 6800]
- nVidia @ ISS 2004 - Page 3 [nVidia's Booth - PCI Express in Action]
- nVidia @ ISS 2004 - Page 4 [nVidia's Booth - Intel 64-bit processor?]
- nVidia @ ISS 2004 - Page 5 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen CPUs spotted in the flesh, retail boxes too
- LG officially announces the G6 camera specs
- NASA announces conference on discovery beyond our System
- Samsung teases Exynos 9; it could power the Galaxy S8
- Spectacles are finally available for online purchase
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league