nVidia's Booth - PCI Express in Action
Next up we have nVidia's engineering sample machine using Intel's upcoming reference Grantsdale chipset supporting PCI Express 16x graphics and DDR-II. We were not told what socket Pentium 4 processor was in use.
The graphics card in this system is the PCI Express 16x flavor of the codenamed NV30 GeForce FX 5900 GPU. As far as we know, it is purely the NV30 with a PCI Express interface. We were unable to determine if the graphics card had native PCI Express support as we could not see if a bridge chip was present or not.
The system was using Micron DDR-II memory which was labeled as being engineering sample.
Interestingly, the Grantsdale reference motherboard from Intel included a 12v molex connector toward the bottom of the motherboard. We are not sure what the additional power is required for but it might go a long way in explaining the lack of 12v molex connector on the GeForce FX 5900 PCI Express card which was included with the regular AGP 8x NV30 when it was first released.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- nVidia @ ISS 2004 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- nVidia @ ISS 2004 - Page 2 [nVidia's Booth - GeForce 6800]
- nVidia @ ISS 2004 - Page 3 [nVidia's Booth - PCI Express in Action]
- nVidia @ ISS 2004 - Page 4 [nVidia's Booth - Intel 64-bit processor?]
- nVidia @ ISS 2004 - Page 5 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega could be priced at up to $850
- Ryzen ThreadRipper delidded: half its CPU dies disabled
- EA made more on live services than games in Q1'17
- Xiaomi Mi 6 special edition available in only 100 units
- Samsung to launch Note8 Emperor Edition with 8GB/256GB?
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers