Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Motherboard(s): nVidia nForce3 250GB reference (Supplied by nVidia)
Memory: 1x 512MB Kingmax DDR-500 (Supplied by Kingmax)
Video card(s): ABIT Radeon 9800 XT 256MB and 9600 XT VIO 256MB (Supplied by ABIT), Power Color Radeon 9600 XT "Bravo" 128MB (Supplied by Power Color), Chaintech GeForce FX 5700 Ultra 128MB (Supplied by Chaintech) and BFG GeForce FX 5950 Ultra 256MB (Supplied by nVidia)
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 7,200 RPM PATA (Supplied by Seagate)
Operating System Used: Microsoft Windows XP SP1
Drivers Used: ATI Catalyst 4.3, nVidia Forceware 56.72 and nVidia nForce reference 490
A little over half way through our testing ATI released their newest Catalyst 4.4 drivers which is why we were not able to test with the latest version of the drivers. The drivers we used will still provide a good and adequate indication of performance.
For every test V-Sync was disabled with every other driver setting left at default. All auto overclocking features were disabled throughout our entire testing phase. AGP was set to 8x with Fast Writes enabled for every test with AGP aperture set to 256MB.
That should cover it, let's get into the benchmarks.
3DMark2001 SE is a part of the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
In our first set of benchmarks, we have the ABIT 9800 XT in front of the BFG 5950 Ultra. The ABIT 9600 XT is only a little slower than the Power Color Bravo since it has the memory clock advantage.
3DMark03 is the latest version of the highly favored 3DMark series. By combining full DirectX9.0 support with completely new tests and graphics, 3DMark03 continues the legacy of being industry standard benchmark.
Please Note: Due to recent events with the 3DMark03 series, we are adding results purely for those who are still in favor of 3DMark03. These results should not be taken too seriously and are only added for interest sakes.
We have a similar story here under 3DMark 2003 just with a smaller difference.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 2 [ABIT Radeon 9600 XT VIO]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 3 [ABIT Radeon 9600 XT VIO Continued]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 4 [ABIT Radeon 9800 XT]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and FutureMark]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aquamark 3]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality and Overclocking]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 13 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- QuakeCon 2016 announced for August 4-7, 2016
- Fallout 4 has more dialogue than Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined
- Batman: Arkham Knight is finally playable on PC thanks to new patch
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015