ABIT Radeon 9600 XT VIO 256MB
First up we'll take a look at the Radeon 9600 XT VIO with 256MB of onboard memory.
- The Package
Much of the time with performance numbers between graphics cards based on the same chipset being so similar (if not identical), the only way a company can get ahead of the competition is by spicing up the included package and box as much as possible. This is one of the key methods a company will use to differentiate itself from the next.
Being a VIVO (Video-in / Video-out) model, this card comes packed with more AV cables and features than your usual run of the mill graphics card. You get a VIVO adapter which hooks into the video adapter on the face plate of the card which allows you to output your display to a TV via the included S-Video or Composite cable. You are also supplied with a DVI to VGA adapter for use with using two VGA monitors.
Being a VIVO model as we mentioned, you have the ability to record live TV or video of your digital video camera through the included full OEM version of CyberLink PowerDirector 2.55 Pro software.
The included software side of things is a little disappointing. Besides PowerDirector, you only receive the full OEM version of PowerDVD 5. No games come bundled with this package which may well be a deterrent to some or a non-issue to others. The majority of ATI partners are no longer including a Half Life 2 voucher with any version of 9600 XT and ABIT is no different - don't expect a voucher when you buy this card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 2 [ABIT Radeon 9600 XT VIO]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 3 [ABIT Radeon 9600 XT VIO Continued]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 4 [ABIT Radeon 9800 XT]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and FutureMark]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aquamark 3]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality and Overclocking]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 13 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 3 runs at 900p 30FPS on the Xbox One, so much more on PC
- Google brings Star Trek to life with 'Combadge' communicator prototype
- How to use Fallout 4's bottlecap glitch without depleting ammo
- Chrome extension shields you from Star Wars spoilers
- AMD ends driver development for non-GCN Radeon cards
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- COUGAR ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF THE 450 SERIES
- SilverStone Press release PTS01
- ESL and Intel bring the IEM World Championship back to Katowice on March 4-6, 2016
- Star Wars(TM): Galaxy of Heroes Now Available for Mobile from EA
- AMD Announces Radeon Crimson Software