Even though the release of next generation VGA products from both nVidia (NV40 or GeForce 6800) and ATI (R420 and R423 or Radeon X800XT and X880XT) are only just around the corner, there is still much interest in the current generation products on offer from both companies as each continue their battle for 3D supremacy and your dollars.
Some weeks ago ABIT was said to have had some type of argument or disagreement or punch up in the bushes with nVidia and immediately issued a press release to media saying that the Taiwanese based company would no longer produce any products based on chipsets from nVidia. Soon after, in a confusing move, another press release was issued saying that ABIT would actually continue producing motherboards based on nVidia chipsets, namely upcoming nForce products for the AMD Athlon. There was no mention about whether or not the company would use nVidia, ATI, S3 VIA, XGI or the whole bunch collectively for its range of graphics cards in the future. As of now it still is not known 100% who ABIT is leaning towards however we think we would be correct in saying ABIT is going to give each upcoming solution from the aforementioned companies a go based on what we have heard around the traps.
Nevertheless, today we are looking at ABIT's new line of ATI graphics cards, the Radeon 9600 XT VIO 256MB and 9800 XT 256MB. We will compare both cards against their direct competition as well as check out their packages which in the case of the 9800 XT is the only thing which differentiate itself from the next 9800 XT due to tight design rules by ATI.
Read on and find out what ABIT bring to the table with their new Radeon cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 2 [ABIT Radeon 9600 XT VIO]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 3 [ABIT Radeon 9600 XT VIO Continued]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 4 [ABIT Radeon 9800 XT]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and FutureMark]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aquamark 3]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality and Overclocking]
- ABIT 9600 XT and 9800 XT - Page 13 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Last Guardian coming in 2016, new footage and screenshots released
- Become a certified Microsoft Office expert with this bundle
- See the cancelled Legacy of Kain game in action
- Ready At Dawn's new AAA action game to be revealed next week
- Here's everything we know about Ghost Recon Wildlands
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles