Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Transfers quickly ramp up, reaching full performance by 8k transfers. Read and write transfers are well balanced, strong, and consistent throughout.
Write performance is second only to our EVO array. Write caching and RAID scaling are delivering incredible performance, something like 100 times the performance of a single with micro-transfers in the .5-2KB range.
Sequential read transfers ramp up fast. Our 730 array is running with the pack at transfers up to 2k. By the end of the test, our 730 array is again running with our leaders.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: RC6
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test; just the read or the write test; or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16.
Approaching 10,000 points, our two-drive array is delivering awesome performance--most notably read performance.
Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Our Extreme II array has owned this test for a while. Today, our 730 series array becomes the new landlord.
Write IOPS through Queue Scale
We are going to call this a second place finish for our 730 series array. Our heavily over-provisioned 600 Pro array leads the pack, and our EVO array is displaying a faux write performance with all test data fitting within its "Turbo Write" emulated SLC layer.
Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
CrystalDiskMark is disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4k and 4k queue depths with accuracy.
Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at 4 and 32.
We see strong performance across the board. However, sequential read speed as well as write performance at QD4 and QD32 could be better.
Sequential read performance is nothing to write home about. Random read performance, on the other hand, is excellent across the board.
Sequential write performance and, most importantly, 4k random performance is exceptional.
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.7.4739.38088
AS SSD determines the performance of Solid State Drives (SSD). The tool contains four synthetic as well as three practice tests. The synthetic tests are to determine the sequential and random read and write performance of the SSD.
We see excellent performance, second to our EVO array. With the last of our synthetic testing completed, let's move to our light usage model testing, which will give us a better idea of what's under the hood of our 730 series array.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability, Drive Details & Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO, Anvil Storage Utilities, CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Pixel 2 to feature squeezable frame - Active Edge
- Tencent didn't invest in PUBG studio Bluehole
- Galaxy Note8 will be the first Note with 6GB of RAM
- Amazon Instant Pickup has orders ready in two minutes
- The future of Faraday Future looks clearer
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- how many pcie slots can i use?
- Bios question on new build
- NETGEAR ReadyNAS 626X 10Gbe NAS Review
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes
- ASUS announces DSL-AC88U router
- Final Fantasy XIV: Online exceeds 10 million players worldwide