Q & A with ColorWare
To further interrogate ColorWare's operating procedures, painting processes, company background and business-related future, we have sent the following seven questions to ColorWare representatives for answering:
Q: Please take us through the ColorWare coloring process for your supported products
A: First, all products are inspected for defects and for working condition; then the product is disassembled by the proper technician. After disassembly, all parts go through a cleaning process (plastics and metals) before prep work. Then the product moves to the finishing department where the first stage of special blend primer is applied. After our custom primer is applied, then our own in-house color is added to the parts. The final stage is the clear coat, which is applied then baked. Before reassembly, all parts are buffed to the highest gloss possible.
Q: Does ColorWare plan to extend their supported products in the future - perhaps, mice or keyboards?
A: ColorWare will expand the line of products supported for the coloring process continually. Once the demand for the product is there, then we add accordingly.
Q: Please describe ColorWare's manufacturing plant and headquarters
A: ColorWare's manufacturing plant is in Winona, MN and is separated into two sections. One side is the finishing department and the other is our assembly/disassembly area. The facility is about 15,000 spare feet.
Q: What inspired the development of ColorWare and its services today?
A: The ColorWare concept was developed because computer products were horribly beige for too many years. As the company grew the demand was filled by adding new products, colors, and services.
Q: Where do you see ColorWare, from a business standpoint, in five years?
A: ColorWare will be a dominant force in the computer gaming industry, and will have a strong custom corporate computer line as well. Having our products in retail locations like Best Buy is also a long term goal of ColorWare.
Q: Can the community expect to see ColorWare products sold in stores in the upcoming year?
A: We continue to push for the retail stores for our products, but it is not an easy task with the amount of colors we offer. When we do jump into the retail game we will only offer the most popular products, and colors.
Q: And finally, are there any changes underway in regards to the coloring process and selection of colors offered by ColorWare.
A: ColorWare is in the process of adding more colors to the online sales, and also trying to bring the cost down for custom colors. Right now the custom color charge is $99.00, but with a new system we are installing we hope to cut that cost in half.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's purported GeForce GTX 1060 will rock 6GB of RAM
- Windows 95 has been installed onto an Apple Watch... because why not
- Battlefield 5: Eastern Front rumors are reportedly fake
- Samsung 'Bedtime VR Stories' is a truly new way of telling stories
- First Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer now live
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched