The temperature of the core is pulled from MSI Afterburner with the max reading used after a completed run of 3DMark Vantage at the Performance preset.
When it comes to temperature, the hottest core comes in at 91c, which is the R9 290X 4GB, which has always run in the 90c range.
Pulling out the TES 1350A Sound Level Meter, we find ourselves quickly yelling into the top of it to see how loud we can be.
After five minutes of that, we get a bit more serious and place the device two CM away from the fan on the card to find the maximum noise level of the card when idle (2D mode) and in load (3D mode).
Noise levels aren't too bad. While we're sitting in the top half of the graph, it's a small tradeoff for the amount of power this setup puts out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - F1 2012 & Metro Last Light]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown & Nexuiz]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 13 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 14 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.