Enabling the future starts with the first generation of ExpressFabric. This 1U top-of-rack switch holds a relatively simple design that houses three PLX PCIe switches under the black heat sinks. The networking card is located to the rear of the switch. This single card provides all Ethernet communication for the cluster.
Utilizing PCIe simplifies application integration. PCIe speeds the performance of existing protocols, and the software stack already understands existing Infiniband and Ethernet protocols.
QFSP+ connectors line the edge of the switch.
This is a working cluster of servers connected to the ExpressFabric switch. Copper and optical interconnects are used to demonstrate the flexibility of the existing interconnect technology. Copper can handle most close-quarters connections, and optical can stretch its legs up to 100 meters.
There are monitors and USB connections to each server in this mockup. In actual deployment, the eight cables in the middle would be gone, and the simple row of four cables on the right provide all communication between the servers. The switch provides plenty of interconnects to allow more servers, and multiple connections per server, if required.
The current implementation tops out at 20Gbits/sec, and we caught a picture of it running at 19.1Gbits/sec during the demo.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA provides MIT with humanoid robot, will help out space missions
- Tesla's Model 3 priced as low as $25,000 after tax subsidies in the US
- Fuel cell maker teases 7-day battery life on smartphones inevitable
- Uber drops its 5% fee in London, to get taxi drivers using Uber
- Micron updates GDDR5X progression, volume production this summer
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance