Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 3GHz (800MHz FSB with HT enabled)
Memory: 2 X 256MB Mushkin PC4000 (Supplied by Mushkin)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital 76GB 10,000 RPM Raptor SATA (Supplied by Western Digital)
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers Used: ATI Catalyst 4.2, ATI Catalyst 4.3, XGI Volari - Reactor Driver 1.02.05, nVidia ForceWare 53.03 and nVidia ForceWare 56.64
We decided to keep the amount of different tests down but include more settings including 1280 X 1024 and 1600 X 1200 both being true gamer's resolution as well as 1280 X 1024 with AA and AF both set to four times. The maximum settings as far as AA and AF go on the XGI are four times which is simply why all cards were benched at these settings.
As we also mentioned, we have included benchmarks with the latest drivers from nVidia and ATI as both companies decided to release new drivers while we where half way through our testing.
Let us see how they all perform!
3DMark 2001 SE
3DMark2001 SE is a part of the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
XGI Performance: First up we see that XGI isn't the fastest graphics card around in 3DMark 01. Let's see what happens in the higher resolution.
New ATI Drivers: Performance is so close to each other that there really isn't much difference.
New nVidia Drivers: Like the new ATI drivers, there isn't much of a performance hit or increase.
XGI Performance: Moving to the higher resolution we see the competition pull further ahead.
New ATI Drivers: Again the drivers are very similar in score.
New nVidia Drivers: Nothing to rave about here, either.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 3 [Features]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 4 [New nVidia Forceware]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark 2001 SE]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 03]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality Synthetic Gaming]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality Real World Gaming]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 13 [Image Quality Testing - AA and AF]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 14 [Conclusions]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.