Quick Run Down
Today nVidia will be released their newest Forceware driver, version 56.64. The latest release from nVidia brings with it a load of new features, and while this article is mainly aimed at the XGI we thought that we would include a little bit about the new nVidia drivers. We won't go into too much detail but some of the new features include:
- Increased GPU performance
- Improved Compatibility
- Improved nView management
- Game Profiles
- "Play on TV" option
- PCI Express support
We will find out in just a minute if the latest drivers from nVidia offer increased performance but for the mean time we will just have a quick look at some of the other features. Like all new releases you see improved compatibility as both ATI and nVidia always try to improve on any known bugs within games.
Game Profiles is a very handy feature as it gives you the ability to set individual visual settings for different games. For example if you are playing something a little older like Quake 3, Counter Strike, Half Life and so forth that has absolutely no problem running on maximum detail you can tell the driver every time you load one of these games to set AA and AF to the maximum. If you manually adjust it and you turn around and load a new game forgetting that you have your settings so high you find that once in the game that your computer isn't running as smooth as it should. From there you have to exit and adjust your settings, while this isn't a hard task it is just something nVidia have done to make your gaming experience that little bit easier.
With the new drivers you also have a nice little option when you right click on a movie, down the bottom of the list you will see "Play on my TV," this automatically outputs the image to your TV eliminating a few steps.
As PCI Express is slowly getting talked about more and more as you would expect the latest nVidia drivers offer support for the new PCI Express standard that will be seen more and more in the coming months.
nVidia has added a few nice features that would warrant the upgrade to the latest drivers and if your interested in better functionality you can't look past the latest drivers from nVidia.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 3 [Features]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 4 [New nVidia Forceware]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark 2001 SE]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 03]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality Synthetic Gaming]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality Real World Gaming]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 13 [Image Quality Testing - AA and AF]
- Volari Duo V8 Ultra - Page 14 [Conclusions]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.