Mega Stick Continued
This photo shows us the actual drive from the front and the top. This is where 99% of the functions are controlled from. On the front you have your LCD display screen. This lets you navigate the menus, access the voice recordings and song files from the unit. Beside this is the play/pause/Power button. This button allows you to turn the unit on and off by holding the button for 3 seconds.
On the top we have the Fn or Function button. This button is used to switch between MP3/WMA to FM radio functions. Beside this is the record button for the Voice Recorder or to record your favourite radio station. Beside this is the skip/Search toggle. This has three functions - First it allows you to skip songs or voice recordings, but when held for 2 seconds puts the unit to either fast forward or reverse, depending which direction you press. If you press down on the button it acts as the enter button for selection options within the menus. Finally you have the digital volume control; this of course needs no explanation.
MSI also packs in some rather useful goodies for your needs. As mentioned earlier, first you get a Driver CD for OS's that don't support USB Mass Storage by default (Windows 98 is one of these), a clear case to place the drive into with a chain to hang the unit from your neck as well as a pair of headphones to listen to the unit with. MSI also supplies 1 AAA battery which is all the unit needs. This is remarkable as the unit lasted 12 hours when playing music on a single AAA Alkaline battery. When we placed a 1200mAH battery into the unit, we managed over 18 hours which includes swapping to FM radio and doing voice recordings. In all this unit is ideal for busy people who don't have a lot of time to think about the battery life.
Overall this product was very good. The sound clarity when playing back MP3/WMA files was better than what we have heard from the Nomad players or the Gecko MP3 players we have tested so far. The only disadvantage was the USB 1.1 transfer rates, but these can be tolerated.
Great Sound Clarity
Huge 256MB storage space
Voice Recording option
Last 12hrs on a standard Alkaline AAA battery
USB 1.1 limits transfer speeds to 12mbps
Rating - 9 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- MSI Mania - Page 1 [Introduction]
- MSI Mania - Page 2 [The Products - Mega Stick]
- MSI Mania - Page 3 [The Products - Mega Stick Continued]
- MSI Mania - Page 4 [The Products - MSI 8x DVD Recorder]
- MSI Mania - Page 5 [The Products - Wireless 11g]
- MSI Mania - Page 6 [The Products - Wireless 11g Continued]
- MSI Mania - Page 7 [Final Words]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS reveals new 34-inch curved 3440 x 1440 Designo ultrawide monitor
- Samsung PM971-NVMe shrinks the SSD in more ways than one
- New GIGABYTE BRIX mini-PC rocks a GTX 950 for quad-display FHD gaming
- GIGABYTE's new AIO features full-sized GPU slot
- Phanteks launches first-ever water block with Glacier G1080
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- Patriot Tab 128GB Micro USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream