With the 3D battle so close it's hard to choose which chip to put your money on that will take the 3D crown. ATI has used a simple evolution of its existing 9700 technology to boost its power and performance to gain the 9800 XT up to its current position in the 3D war.
On the other hand, nVidia has done a totally different approach in its design to push the barriers of future gaming and sacrificing older game support and speed. This is similar to the Intel Pentium 4 when it first came out - it was designed for the future but slower than the past. While this does seem like a negative thing for now, we can only expect that new games will run smoother on an nVidia product than ATI - and Intel has been around for a long time, we think they must be doing something right.
Now that we have had a look at the two giants from Gigabyte, we hope that you have enough information to make an informed choice on whether you are an ATI man or an nVidia fan.
On the Gigabyte 9800 XT, the performance was great and the price was below that of the 5950 model, making it a slightly more attractive winner in our books.
As fast as the 5950 in all benchmarks
Good overclocking performance
Great Software and Hardware bundle
Still rather costly
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 2 [Specifications]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 3 [Features]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and FutureMark]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Halo PC Combat Evolved]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 9 [Benchmarks - High Quality]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 10 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA: Just Cause 3 engine 'incompatible with multi-GPU solutions'
- Report claims mobile broadband is more affordable than ever
- It's Not Too Late - Our Cyber Monday Sale Continues Today
- Google Street View used to monitor climate change
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY