With the 3D battle so close it's hard to choose which chip to put your money on that will take the 3D crown. ATI has used a simple evolution of its existing 9700 technology to boost its power and performance to gain the 9800 XT up to its current position in the 3D war.
On the other hand, nVidia has done a totally different approach in its design to push the barriers of future gaming and sacrificing older game support and speed. This is similar to the Intel Pentium 4 when it first came out - it was designed for the future but slower than the past. While this does seem like a negative thing for now, we can only expect that new games will run smoother on an nVidia product than ATI - and Intel has been around for a long time, we think they must be doing something right.
Now that we have had a look at the two giants from Gigabyte, we hope that you have enough information to make an informed choice on whether you are an ATI man or an nVidia fan.
On the Gigabyte 9800 XT, the performance was great and the price was below that of the 5950 model, making it a slightly more attractive winner in our books.
As fast as the 5950 in all benchmarks
Good overclocking performance
Great Software and Hardware bundle
Still rather costly
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 2 [Specifications]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 3 [Features]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and FutureMark]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Halo PC Combat Evolved]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 9 [Benchmarks - High Quality]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 10 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20