With the 3D battle so close it's hard to choose which chip to put your money on that will take the 3D crown. ATI has used a simple evolution of its existing 9700 technology to boost its power and performance to gain the 9800 XT up to its current position in the 3D war.
On the other hand, nVidia has done a totally different approach in its design to push the barriers of future gaming and sacrificing older game support and speed. This is similar to the Intel Pentium 4 when it first came out - it was designed for the future but slower than the past. While this does seem like a negative thing for now, we can only expect that new games will run smoother on an nVidia product than ATI - and Intel has been around for a long time, we think they must be doing something right.
Now that we have had a look at the two giants from Gigabyte, we hope that you have enough information to make an informed choice on whether you are an ATI man or an nVidia fan.
On the Gigabyte 9800 XT, the performance was great and the price was below that of the 5950 model, making it a slightly more attractive winner in our books.
As fast as the 5950 in all benchmarks
Good overclocking performance
Great Software and Hardware bundle
Still rather costly
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 2 [Specifications]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 3 [Features]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and FutureMark]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Halo PC Combat Evolved]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 9 [Benchmarks - High Quality]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 10 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo wants best third party games on Switch
- 'xXx 4' is a go, with Vin Diesel to return
- Major flaw found in Intel CPUs and HT, needs BIOS fix
- Apple talks about designing the touchscreen for iPhone
- Facebook pays up to $3 million per ep for original shows
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller