128K Sequential Performance
The 128K sequential speeds reflect the maximum sequential throughput of the HDD using a file size encountered in normal usage.
The Toshiba 8-drive and 4-drive RAID 0 arrays average 1,144 MB/s and 526 MB/s of sequential read speed, respectively. The 8-drive and 4-drive RAID 5 arrays provide 1,115 MB/s and 583 MB/s, respectively.
The maximum sequential write speeds topped out at 1,144 MB/s and 474 MB/s for RAID 0, and 1,094 MB/s and 575 MB/s for RAID 5.
RAID 0 Database/OLTP
This test emulates Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is in essence the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Databases are the bread and butter of many deployments. These are demanding 8K random workloads with a 66% read and 33% write distribution that can bring even the highest performing solutions down to earth.
The eight-drive RAID 0 array leads the way with 1,509 IOPS, and the four-drive RAID 0 array trails with 808 IOPS. The RAID 5 arrays deliver 748 IOPS and 392 IOPS, respectively.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba MG03SCA300 Internals]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [8K Random]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis