128K Sequential Performance
The 128K sequential speeds reflect the maximum sequential throughput of the HDD using a file size encountered in normal usage.
The Toshiba 8-drive and 4-drive RAID 0 arrays average 1,144 MB/s and 526 MB/s of sequential read speed, respectively. The 8-drive and 4-drive RAID 5 arrays provide 1,115 MB/s and 583 MB/s, respectively.
The maximum sequential write speeds topped out at 1,144 MB/s and 474 MB/s for RAID 0, and 1,094 MB/s and 575 MB/s for RAID 5.
RAID 0 Database/OLTP
This test emulates Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is in essence the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Databases are the bread and butter of many deployments. These are demanding 8K random workloads with a 66% read and 33% write distribution that can bring even the highest performing solutions down to earth.
The eight-drive RAID 0 array leads the way with 1,509 IOPS, and the four-drive RAID 0 array trails with 808 IOPS. The RAID 5 arrays deliver 748 IOPS and 392 IOPS, respectively.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba MG03SCA300 Internals]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [8K Random]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Head of Sony VR resigns to work on other VR projects
- Paragon PlayStation 4 test allows for PC cross-play functionality
- Sonic the Hedgehog movie in the works with Sony at the helm
- North Korean Satellite tumbling out of control, not even functional
- DriveClub update brings hardcore handling to let you crash easier
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance