128K Sequential Performance
The 128K sequential speeds reflect the maximum sequential throughput of the HDD using a file size encountered in normal usage.
The Toshiba 8-drive and 4-drive RAID 0 arrays average 1,144 MB/s and 526 MB/s of sequential read speed, respectively. The 8-drive and 4-drive RAID 5 arrays provide 1,115 MB/s and 583 MB/s, respectively.
The maximum sequential write speeds topped out at 1,144 MB/s and 474 MB/s for RAID 0, and 1,094 MB/s and 575 MB/s for RAID 5.
RAID 0 Database/OLTP
This test emulates Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is in essence the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Databases are the bread and butter of many deployments. These are demanding 8K random workloads with a 66% read and 33% write distribution that can bring even the highest performing solutions down to earth.
The eight-drive RAID 0 array leads the way with 1,509 IOPS, and the four-drive RAID 0 array trails with 808 IOPS. The RAID 5 arrays deliver 748 IOPS and 392 IOPS, respectively.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba MG03SCA300 Internals]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [8K Random]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG's new 'world's first' 77-inch flexible 4K OLED teased
- GIGABYTE's new AMD EPYC motherboard supports 1TB of RAM
- AMD Radeon RX Vega price will be 'excellent'
- Bungie is making PC specific tweaks to Destiny 2
- Project CARS 2 will run upscaled res on Xbox One X
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- repairing rj45 port on g751j laptop
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller
- Full E3 Coliseum lineup announced