8K random read and write speed is not tested for consumer use, but this is an important aspect of performance for enterprise environments. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The eight-drive RAID array averages a tremendous 1,458 IOPS average at QD256, followed closely by the eight-drive RAID 5 array with 1,374 IOPS. The four-drive RAID 0 array tops out at QD256 with 778 IOPS, and is slightly bested by the four-drive RAID 5 with 784 IOPS.
The Toshiba eight-drive RAID 0 array provides 1,499 IOPS at QD256, and the smaller RAID 0 array musters 874 IOPS. The eight-drive RAID 5 array averages 372 IOPS, and the four-drive RAID 5 provided 208 IOPS.
The mixed read/write performance tests reveal very little performance degradation with both RAID 0 arrays. They are fairly even across the varying percentages of write activity. The RIAD 5 arrays suffer slower performance as we mix in more write activity.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba MG03SCA300 Internals]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [8K Random]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' season 2 trailer reveals Vader, new friends & foes
- Disney-themed prosthetic hands are now a thing
- DARPA developing vehicle disappearing technology
- 'Toy Story 4' delayed by a whole year
- Samsung didn't infringe on NVIDIA patents, judge says
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent