8K random read and write speed is not tested for consumer use, but this is an important aspect of performance for enterprise environments. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The eight-drive RAID array averages a tremendous 1,458 IOPS average at QD256, followed closely by the eight-drive RAID 5 array with 1,374 IOPS. The four-drive RAID 0 array tops out at QD256 with 778 IOPS, and is slightly bested by the four-drive RAID 5 with 784 IOPS.
The Toshiba eight-drive RAID 0 array provides 1,499 IOPS at QD256, and the smaller RAID 0 array musters 874 IOPS. The eight-drive RAID 5 array averages 372 IOPS, and the four-drive RAID 5 provided 208 IOPS.
The mixed read/write performance tests reveal very little performance degradation with both RAID 0 arrays. They are fairly even across the varying percentages of write activity. The RIAD 5 arrays suffer slower performance as we mix in more write activity.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba MG03SCA300 Internals]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [8K Random]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 M480 rocks a Polaris 11 GPU
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare ARG reveals faction details
- PNY launches its new GeForce GTX 950/GTX 960 XLR8 OC series
- AMD's next-gen Polaris GPUs get busted on GFXBench
- NVIDIA's purported GeForce GTX 1060 will rock 6GB of RAM
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched