8K random read and write speed is not tested for consumer use, but this is an important aspect of performance for enterprise environments. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The eight-drive RAID array averages a tremendous 1,458 IOPS average at QD256, followed closely by the eight-drive RAID 5 array with 1,374 IOPS. The four-drive RAID 0 array tops out at QD256 with 778 IOPS, and is slightly bested by the four-drive RAID 5 with 784 IOPS.
The Toshiba eight-drive RAID 0 array provides 1,499 IOPS at QD256, and the smaller RAID 0 array musters 874 IOPS. The eight-drive RAID 5 array averages 372 IOPS, and the four-drive RAID 5 provided 208 IOPS.
The mixed read/write performance tests reveal very little performance degradation with both RAID 0 arrays. They are fairly even across the varying percentages of write activity. The RIAD 5 arrays suffer slower performance as we mix in more write activity.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba MG03SCA300 Internals]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [8K Random]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV is the new Skyrim
- Battlefield 1 rumored to get support for HDR soon
- Star Wars Battlefront II's new trailer looks INCREDIBLE
- NVIDIA announces SLI/HDR support for Shadow of War on PC
- ASUS B250 Mining Expert board: support for 19 x GPUs
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience