8K random read and write speed is not tested for consumer use, but this is an important aspect of performance for enterprise environments. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The eight-drive RAID array averages a tremendous 1,458 IOPS average at QD256, followed closely by the eight-drive RAID 5 array with 1,374 IOPS. The four-drive RAID 0 array tops out at QD256 with 778 IOPS, and is slightly bested by the four-drive RAID 5 with 784 IOPS.
The Toshiba eight-drive RAID 0 array provides 1,499 IOPS at QD256, and the smaller RAID 0 array musters 874 IOPS. The eight-drive RAID 5 array averages 372 IOPS, and the four-drive RAID 5 provided 208 IOPS.
The mixed read/write performance tests reveal very little performance degradation with both RAID 0 arrays. They are fairly even across the varying percentages of write activity. The RIAD 5 arrays suffer slower performance as we mix in more write activity.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba MG03SCA300 Internals]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [8K Random]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The PC Gaming Show is coming back, will take place during E3 2016
- Intel's unreleased 18-core Xeon CPU hits eBay for $999
- In case you missed it. ARK: Survival Evolved updated on Xbox One
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- Samsung's huge 18.4-inch Galaxy View tablet drops to $449.99
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives