It's difficult to end an article that focuses on two top-of-the-line graphic cards and pairs them off with similar products in its class. However, we can confidently reassure you that ASUS's manufacturing and cooling technology not only top that of ATi's own, but give it a run for its money by including an extremely impressive bundle of useful software and innovative features; specifically of which is their multiple input/output adaptor.
As many of you already are aware of, it's difficult to select a champion in a race with such close combatants. Both underlying GPU technologies from ASUS are cutting edge and in the end usually provide quite similar results overall -in both real-world and synthetic benchmarks. ASUS has taken the rare path of coherently producing two separate line of video cards from two completely different manufactures. Taking this step allows them to broaden their marketing horizons and offer a solid base of products in the near future.
The V9980 Ultra will run you $480 USD over at NewEgg, and the 9800XT will cost you roughly the same amount at similar online retailers. Unfortunately however, competing products go for roughly $35 - $50 less in their retail packages. But, calculating in the extremely useful media adaptor and their overwhelming software suite and competitor-beating performance, here we truly believe the extra difference is worth it.
Their comparatively high prices unfortunately restrain the two from reaching their deserved 10/10, but we're happy to award both of ASUS's fine products with 9/10's and our prestigious TweakTown "MUST HAVE" Best Features award.
Impressive media bundles
Effective cooling design
Both cards look great
Multiple input/output adaptor
More expensive than competitors
Hard to find at local retail outlets
Collective Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Features Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 2 [The Bundles]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 3 [Accessories and Software]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 4 [Cooling and Design]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aquamark 3 and Halo PC]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Prince of Persia and High Detail AA / AF]
- ASUS 9800 XT and FX 5950 Ultra - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- New Note8 leak shows awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Galaxy S8 officially discounted by up to $300
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 836 will debut with the Pixel 2
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4