The Power Supply - Results
Sandra is great for when it comes to measuring voltages of a power supply. Built under the Mainboard Information section we have all the information we need. To help stress the power supply out as much as possible we have used a total of 5 80mm fans, 2 Hard Drives, an Athlon 64 3200+ processor and an ATI Radeon 9600XT.
Below we have the results. Keep in mind that we give a power supply a leeway of 5% each way when it comes to rails. Any more then 5% off could begin to cause system stability issues.
First we have the 3.3V rail very close to that 5% leeway with a voltage reading of 3.39V. Moving to the 5V rail we see what it is very close to what it should be and this is excellent. Happy with the 5V rail we move to the 12V rail and you notice how low it is.
This rail is out of its 5% leeway which we thought would cause some instability problems. We continued to test the 12volt rail multiple times and the results were all in the same range. With the line being quite low, we started to loop 3DMark 2001 SE for an hour and the system was completely stable so we won't let the number should not be too much of a concern until you start overclocking your system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3 first games with Microsoft DRM
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- Another stupid human crashes Google's self-driving party
- Xbox One S now gets free game of choice from Microsoft
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now