The Power Supply - Results
Sandra is great for when it comes to measuring voltages of a power supply. Built under the Mainboard Information section we have all the information we need. To help stress the power supply out as much as possible we have used a total of 5 80mm fans, 2 Hard Drives, an Athlon 64 3200+ processor and an ATI Radeon 9600XT.
Below we have the results. Keep in mind that we give a power supply a leeway of 5% each way when it comes to rails. Any more then 5% off could begin to cause system stability issues.
First we have the 3.3V rail very close to that 5% leeway with a voltage reading of 3.39V. Moving to the 5V rail we see what it is very close to what it should be and this is excellent. Happy with the 5V rail we move to the 12V rail and you notice how low it is.
This rail is out of its 5% leeway which we thought would cause some instability problems. We continued to test the 12volt rail multiple times and the results were all in the same range. With the line being quite low, we started to loop 3DMark 2001 SE for an hour and the system was completely stable so we won't let the number should not be too much of a concern until you start overclocking your system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis