The Power Supply
Super Flower presented us with a very solid case product; let's now see if this can carry over to their power supply range.
Whilst looking at the back of the power supply it doesn't look like this particular unit comes with a fan. However when turning it to the top or bottom (depending on how you are looking at it) you will find yourself a giant 140mm (or 14cm) fan to help push all that hot air away.
This power supply from Super Flower offers full compliance on the latest AMD K8 line of processors as well as all the normal compliances to have a safe working system without any troubles.
The model we are looking at here today is the 400 watt version which should be more then enough for most modern systems. Power output for this particular power supply ranges from 320 watt all the way to 500 watt peak.
It comes with a lot that you wouldn't see on your normal power supply. As this power supply is going into the next generation of power we see one of our first unit that come with built-in Serial ATA power connectors (a big plus!) along with the array of other connectors we need to build a modern computer system.
We also have the ability to adjust the fan to high performance, low noise or auto. When set to auto, depending on the temperature, the unit automatically determines the speed that it will spin. The temperature range is excellent from being at 10% spin when at 0 - 20c and 100% spin when at 70c. Most products that follow a temperature monitored fan speed usually only have a short temperature range of something along the lines of 25c - 40c.
One feature that revolves around the fan is that when you turn your computer off, it will continue to run for 10 minutes. The idea behind this is when you turn your computer off and everything stops spinning there is a short period where everything begins to rise in temperature before it drops. Due to the fan spinning for an extra five minutes, as soon as you power off your system, the temperature drops instantly. The idea behind this is to help keep component life as long as possible and can be attributed to excellent thinking by the people at Super Flower in Taiwan.
The giant 14cm fan has four blue LED lights attached to each corner to help give the power supply a great looking finish. It's a unique experience to shut down and continue to see a blue glow. With all this being said, some people may only ever shut their computer when they are about to pull the power cord out to transport - so it is possible that it is a feature that might not get much use in certain circumstances.
There is no doubt that this power supply contains some of the best features we've seen in a while but all this mean nothing unless it is able to produce good voltage lines. Let's see how it goes under some pressure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG's new 'world's first' 77-inch flexible 4K OLED teased
- GIGABYTE's new AMD EPYC motherboard supports 1TB of RAM
- AMD Radeon RX Vega price will be 'excellent'
- Bungie is making PC specific tweaks to Destiny 2
- Project CARS 2 will run upscaled res on Xbox One X
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- repairing rj45 port on g751j laptop
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller
- Full E3 Coliseum lineup announced