Another day, another new feature from Thecus; a reviewer could make a good living just covering Thecus and the features the company adds. It seems like every month, one or two new features make it to the Thecus OS. For a stretch of time, many of the features centered on the consumer market, but with processor performance on the rise, Thecus increased the enterprise add-ons.
The Thecus N8900 is an older model, and we didn't see a large spike in performance with RAID 50 or 60 over RAID 5. Newer, more powerful models like the N12000 Pro and N16000 Pro might be a different story.
The N12000 Pro and N16000 Pro both use Intel's new quad-core Xeon E3-1275, quite a bit more processing power than the N8900's dual-core i3 2120. I think we need a new sample to take a deeper look at RAID 50 and 60 performances.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Single Client CIFS Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Enterprise Workloads]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Workload Latency]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PSN Flash Sale has Valentine's day inspired deals
- Facebook Messenger to support SMS soon, rumors indicate
- Class-action suit filed against Apple over iPhone error 53
- Apple rumored to partner with Dr. Dre for TV drama
- Google will soon retire Picasa photo service
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives