Taking a side-step from my usual writings, I am glad to conclude my first true article. As you may have noticed throughout this writing, I have not reviewed or directly critiqued one single product. This is primarily due to the fact that reviewing a stand-alone product, such as a specific mod chip, would target a too narrowed and precise of a reader audience. Thus, leading us to this article which hopefully has explained and simplified some of this gaming phenomenon to you - and by all means, please attempt the acts demonstrated in this article today (let me know about it, because I really care!).
Obviously, taking apart your Xbox will not only void your Microsoft warrantee, but you risk permanent damage to your Xbox. This is where companies such as Xbox-Modchips.com come in; not only do they do an absolutely wonderful job, but they'll personally provide a warrantee on their own installation. Additionally, you skip the risk of personally damaging your $200 gaming console and potentially winding up with a useless clump of metal!
Keep in mind that these growing companies do not pre-install potentially illegal BIOSes and or operating systems on their mod chips and Xboxes (not something we have covered in this first half of the article), therefore leaving you with in the hands of resources available online (check http://www.xbox-scene.com) and specifically public forums to receive installation help, and most importantly: The software downloads you'll need.
Whether or not it is you or someone else who has modified your gaming console with a mod chip, do be we aware that hard work and considerate amounts of time will be heavily required on your behalf. All in all, mod chips are an absolute God to the console gaming market, and you couldn't find a single one of my machines without one. In my sincerest opinion, I only recommend you go forth with mod chip use if you take a healthy amount of time, prior to your purchase, and research further requirements surrounding your mod chip.
Stay tuned for a second half of this article!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 2 [Modchip History]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 3 [How a Modchip Works]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 4 [Hardware Installation]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 5 [BIOS & Operating System Installation]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 6 [Screenshots - Dialup Warning!]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- Fable Legends will use foliage physics to increase visual fidelity
- AMD: GPUOpen could be used for smartphone, tablet graphics
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform