Mod chip History
Installing a mod chip inside your console system (Xbox, Playstation 1+2 and even GameCube) is only one of the many ways a gamer could modify his or her system. It is also the absolute most vital upgrade for those looking to improve their console gaming experience.
Mod chips sell at a varying range of prices, in plenty of flavours and pre-customized for all sorts of needs. Depending on your monetary budget, you can purchase a mod chip for your system ranging from $28.00 to $55.00 USD price range on average. Keep in mind; prices are usually influenced by the "solder factor": Whether or not your mod chip needs to be soldered to your Xbox's motherboard in order to function. Varying upon your soldering skills and willingness to risk damage to your Xbox (soldering mistakes), this factor will most likely play the largest burden weighing upon your future purchase.
Mod chips can either come in a pin-state (no soldering needed), or a pinless-state where one must solder various wires from the mod chip to their Xbox's motherboard, including a very tiny wire which must be precisely placed upon, and soldered, to a minuscule hole entitled the "d0 point".
After this factor is decided, there are many paths to pursue. Fortunately for gamers, there are several companies both manufacturing and designing their own console mod chips; quality and build are all very similar, but features are not. In this market, you truly get what you pay for. Pay under $30.00 and you can expect a half-heartedly designed mod chip, unable to offer you support for installation of multiple operating systems, multi-BIOSes, harddrive swapping, customized programming, and a plethora of other such features.
One of the more popular manufactures, Team Xecutor, produces a line of mod chips for the Xbox, entitled Xecutor. Current models range from 2.2 LITE to 2.3 PRO both of which support all of the features we have previously discussed. These mod chips are a favourite of both pre-modified-console-companies and general consumers alike, due to their sheer price-per-feature ratio and mass online availability. As you might have already guessed, the Xbox we will be dealing with today boasts Team Xecutor's latest mod chip, the infamous 2.3b LITE.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 2 [Modchip History]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 3 [How a Modchip Works]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 4 [Hardware Installation]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 5 [BIOS & Operating System Installation]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 6 [Screenshots - Dialup Warning!]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ViaSat teams with Boeing for 1Tbps satellites, launches in 2019
- In 8 hours, Windows 10 sends data to Microsoft IP addresses 5500 times
- Magic Leap and Virtuix are the newest members of the ESA
- Opera receives $1.2 billion bid from Chinese consortium
- Filming on 'Star Wars Episode VIII' kicks off
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance