In a market dominated by sluggishly-evolving console systems, a select few has stopped and thought to themselves, "How can I improve my gaming experience, and how can I make it more unique and entertaining?" The answer is simply - Mod chips. That's right, those tiny circuit boards you commonly see on online gaming stores - it's that extra dark option you force to the back of your mind due to the immense confusion and mystery surrounding it.
In the excited hands of the TweakTown Canadian Labs today, is a brand-new Microsoft Xbox pre-modified with a top-of-the-line mod chip and a larger-capacity harddrive. In this article, we plan to demonstrate to our readers the benefits, downsides, precautions and necessities surrounding the installation of a mod chip and similar console modifications.
Kindly sampled from one of the professional pre-modified console store on the 'net, Xbox Mod Chips, our Lab's new Xbox has been put through the most rigorous testing and analyzing phase we have ever conducted. In the past few days, our excitement has continued as we replaced the Xbox's harddrive, installed dual BIOSes, two operating systems, then even FTP'd into the Xbox in order to transfer over our MP3's and music videos, before we installed the Xbox Media Player- WHAT?! Don't be overwhelmed, just yet, as we'll take a first-hand look at every single one of the points I have just mentioned.
For those of you interested in performing similar upgrades as demonstrated for this article, we have taken the opportunity to provide our readers with links and online resources throughout this writing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 2 [Modchip History]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 3 [How a Modchip Works]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 4 [Hardware Installation]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 5 [BIOS & Operating System Installation]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 6 [Screenshots - Dialup Warning!]
- Xbox Modding (Part 1) - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20