RAID 0 128K Sequential Read/Write
The 128K sequential speeds reflect the maximum sequential throughput of the HDD, using a file size encountered in normal NAS usage.
The WD Red array averages a tremendous 537 MB/s average, while the Seagate NAS HDD array averages 398 MB/s.
The Seagate NAS HDD leads with an average of 616MB/s, while the WD Red trails with 555 MB/s. The Seagate NAS HDD has an extra burst of speed that kicks in when it detects sustained sequential read activity, which provides a clear advantage in sequential workloads.
The mixed read/write performance tests reveal that the WD Red fares better from 70-100% write, while the Seagate NAS HDD array performs best with heavy read workloads.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 3 [RAID 0 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 4 [RAID 0 128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 5 [RAID 0 Server Workloads]
- Page 6 [RAID 5 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 7 [RAID 5 128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 8 [RAID 5 Server Workloads]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Interview with Dov Moran, inventor of the USB stick
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Mass Effect: Andromeda to support 21:9 UltraWide on PC
- New Lego Worlds game release scheduled for February 2017
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand