RAID 0 128K Sequential Read/Write
The 128K sequential speeds reflect the maximum sequential throughput of the HDD, using a file size encountered in normal NAS usage.
The WD Red array averages a tremendous 537 MB/s average, while the Seagate NAS HDD array averages 398 MB/s.
The Seagate NAS HDD leads with an average of 616MB/s, while the WD Red trails with 555 MB/s. The Seagate NAS HDD has an extra burst of speed that kicks in when it detects sustained sequential read activity, which provides a clear advantage in sequential workloads.
The mixed read/write performance tests reveal that the WD Red fares better from 70-100% write, while the Seagate NAS HDD array performs best with heavy read workloads.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 3 [RAID 0 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 4 [RAID 0 128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 5 [RAID 0 Server Workloads]
- Page 6 [RAID 5 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 7 [RAID 5 128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 8 [RAID 5 Server Workloads]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Verizon acquires Vessel, will shut it down on October 31
- Nintendo investors hate new Switch console hybrid
- Nintendo teases Jan 12 event for 'major' Switch details
- Dolby Atmos update coming for Xbox One S
- LinusTechTips makes $3,000 custom watercooled PS4
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software