The Tour Continued
The next step we see in the pictures below is where parts are manually placed on the motherboards by ABit staff...
The machine pictured in the image below is the next step in the assembly line where the various parts in this room are fixed to the motherboard...
The next step in the assembly line is actually checking and testing the motherboards to see if they work ok and are up to ABit's standards, before being passed...
Here we see more extensive testing of these new motherboards, standard procedure...
Once they have been tested (48 hours normally before being passed) and work correctly, they are packed in black boxes ready for shipping...
that's basically it for the fab tour side of things, it was really an interesting experience. After feasting on some greasy KFC and Pizza Hut in the ABit conference room, we were shown the new ABit website which will become active shortly and a look into how ABit name their motherboards. OK back to the classroom here for a minute here, let's take the ABit SA6R motherboard for example as shown my Scott in the picture below. The "S" comes from the first letter of the chipset, the "A" is pulled out of the sky, the "6" is the generation of processor the motherboard is for and the "R" is also pulled out of the sky to make a name which sounds good, basically.
Thanks for the tour ABit, good fun!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- The Last of Us 2 is Ellie's harrowing story of hate
- Zotac's $1999 VR Go backpack: GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700T
- Death Stranding analysis: breaking down the bizarre
- Marvel vs Capcom 3: Ultimate coming to PS4 later today
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset