- Gigabyte Conclusion
The Gigabyte motherboard comes with the best package out of the three without a question of doubt. Everything looks great and it has a large number of good features. One of the worst things is the inclusion of only two Serial ATA ports. The DPS system is a good idea and we have seen Gigabyte use it for a while now. The only thing you wonder is why would Gigabyte need to use such a device to get stability? During testing we didn't have any problems with stability on the other motherboards.
As far as speed goes it is just as quick as the MSI and it will come down to a decision between wanting the bigger package or preferring a particular brand over another. A couple more Serial ATA ports would have been nice but Gigabyte has given us absolutely everything you would need for your first Athlon 64 powered system.
Great color coordination
DPS for extra stability
Only two Serial ATA ports
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Features Award
- MSI Conclusion
While MSI has the smallest package out of the three, it is definitely not the slowest. The red PCB looks great and if you're into case modding at any degree, the MSI motherboard would be ideal. Less features help keep the cost down and if you're interested in a motherboard that has a top name and is fast, you may have found your match.
MSI has produced another good motherboard that has no problems holding up against the Gigabyte solution. If you can't decide which particular motherboard you want but don't think you will use all the features that the ABIT and the Gigabyte have on hand then don't look past the MSI motherboard. High performance with a simple package... there's nothing wrong with that, we say!
Great colored PCB
Simple package which helps reduce price
Head to Head with Gigabyte in performance
Smallish package, not as many nifty goodies
Passive Northbridge cooler
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
- ABIT Conclusion
While the ABIT motherboard did not prove to be the fastest of the bunch, it definitely has a lot of unique features that stand out from the others such Secure IDE.
If you're a fan of your Serial ATA hard drives you can't look past the KV8-MAX3. The ability to hold many hard drives, the latest in motherboard cooling technology as well as all the little bits and pieces you get in the box make it an excellent choice.
The motherboard is excellent and ABIT has always got the enthusiast in mind when it comes to producing. Overall we see not the fastest motherboard but a bucket load of features that help even things out making it a potentially excellent purchase.
Many unique features
Six Serial ATA ports
Slower at times
Not as visually stunning as the other motherboards
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- K8T800 Performance Motherboards - Page 1 [Introduction]
- K8T800 Performance Motherboards - Page 2 [The Chipsets]
- K8T800 Performance Motherboards - Page 3 [Gigabyte K8VNXP - Specifications]
- K8T800 Performance Motherboards - Page 4 [Gigabyte K8VNXP - Features]
- K8T800 Performance Motherboards - Page 5 [MSI K8T Neo - Specifications]
- K8T800 Performance Motherboards - Page 6 [MSI K8T Neo - Features]
- K8T800 Performance Motherboards - Page 7 [ABIT KV8 MAX3 - Specifications]
- K8T800 Performance Motherboards - Page 8 [ABIT KV8 MAX3 - Features]
- K8T800 Performance Motherboards - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra MAX3]
- K8T800 Performance Motherboards - Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- K8T800 Performance Motherboards - Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001 SE]
- K8T800 Performance Motherboards - Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- K8T800 Performance Motherboards - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- K8T800 Performance Motherboards - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- K8T800 Performance Motherboards - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II - VIA Arena]
- K8T800 Performance Motherboards - Page 16 [Conclusions]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- J.J. Abrams teases imminent Portal movie announcement
- Titanfall 2's story trailer is an amazing piece of work
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- Microsoft is reportedly working on an all-in-one Surface
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now