A Closer Look - 9600XT
On what may seem like the complete other end of the spectrum, we are pleasantly surprised by a somewhat less audacious design. HIS Excalibur 9600XT evidently does not feature the same dual-PCI thermal solution as the 9800 IceQ, yet it packs a strong enough single speed fan and a well sized VPU heatsink to allow HIS to pre-overclock their entire line of Radeon 9600XT's an extra 150MHz. Impressive!
At a considerably lower price than that of the 9800 IceQ, the 9600XT by HIS is statistically quite an impressive product for the buck. Including virtually an identical bundle of accessories as its more expensive brother, impressive clock speeds and DirectX 9 compatibility, the 9600XT is just as luring from a consumer's standpoint as the IceQ technology.
As noticed in the image above, the 9600XT equips two identical oversized RAM heatsinks. This is rather rare for current mainstream graphics cards. Fortunately, however, the inclusion of these heatsinks is a good sign. The core clock of the 9600XT is, as several times mentioned, overclocked by 150MHz. This increase in core engine speed creates a thermal rise in both the VPU region and the memory (RAM). Subsequently, the two sections must be adequately cooled to prevent system lockups or even graphic card ignitions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Your Photos Are Never Going to Be the Same
- PlayStation VR has 'overwhelming' conversion rate, says Sony
- Capcom says fans should 'stay tuned' for news on Resident Evil 7
- iPhone 6S chipgate: TSMC's CPU has better battery and core performance
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent