Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: RC6
So, what is Anvil Storage Utilities? First of all, it's a storage benchmark for SSD's, and HDD's, where you can check and monitor your performance. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test, just the read or the write test, or you can run a single test (i.e. 4K QD16).
The software is used several different ways, and to show different aspects for each drive. We've chosen to use this software to show the performance of a drive with two different data sets. The first is with compressible data, and the second data set is incompressible data. Several users have requested this data in our SSD reviews.
0-Fill Compressible Data
9100 points puts our 600 Series array squarely in the enthusiast-class of SSD's.
0-Fill Compressible Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
As we would expect to see, our 480GB 600 Series pair array has nearly identical performance to a pair of 240GB 600 series. It's hard to see the green line on the chart, because it's covered by the orange line almost exactly.
0-Fill Compressible Write IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
LAMD controlled arrays are write-centric, and can outperform all but our SandForce based array in this test. Here, we see that the larger capacity 600 series array has a different performance curve than the smaller capacity 600 array.
Compression 100% Incompressible Data
A 600 series array displays no discernable difference in performance, whether or not data is compressible, or incompressible.
Incompressible Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Our 600 series arrays come in third place on our chart when reading data. The SandForce array on our chart is having trouble with the incompressible data used for this test.
Incompressible Write IOPS through Queue Scale
We are going to call this a win for our large capacity 600 series array. Nothing on our chart can outperform a large capacity 600 series array, when writing incompressible data. Writing incompressible data is a huge part of how your array will be utilized in a normal enthusiast workload environment.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 480GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Blackmagicdesign's Disk Speed Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 13 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.