Seagate 600 480GB
Our drives arrived bare, so we don't have anything to show you as far as packaging goes. The top and sides of the enclosure are formed from a single piece of cast, glass beaded aluminum, which has been painted black. There is an attractive white wave graphic running across the top of the enclosure, and a white Seagate logo beside it.
The bottom of the drive's enclosure is formed from a piece of sheet metal. The bottom of the enclosure interlocks with the top, making it tamper proof. Centered on the bottom of the enclosure, is a manufacturer's sticker that lists the drive's part number, serial number, shipping firmware, and other relevant information.
This shot gives you an idea of just how thin a 5mm drive really is. The drive is slightly thicker than a nickel stacked on top of a quarter.
Normally we would disassemble our test subject to show you the internals, but not this time. We know from previous experience that opening a Seagate 600 SSD practically destroys the enclosure. Like I stated earlier, these 5mm review samples are the most elegant drives I've ever held in my hand, and being as such, I couldn't bring myself to destroying one of these works of art. Thankfully, Seagate was kind enough to provide us with an internal photo of a 600 series PCB (pictured above), so we didn't have to rip one open to show you what's on the inside.
The drive's NAND array is located entirely on this side of the PCB, along with 2 DRAM buffer chips, and a LAMD Amber LM87800 FSP (Flash Storage Processor). The reverse side of the PCB is devoid of components. We assume that Seagate employed a thermal pad to wick heat from the drives controller, into its enclosure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 480GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Blackmagicdesign's Disk Speed Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 13 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.