Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: RC6
So what is Anvil Storage Utilities? First of all, it's a storage benchmark for SSD's and HDD's where you can check and monitor your performance. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests, you can run a full test or just the read or the write test or you can run a single test, i.e. 4K QD16.
The software is used several different ways and to show different aspects for each drive. We've chosen to use this software to show the performance of a drive with two different data sets. The first is with compressible data and the second data set is incompressible data. Several users have requested this data in our SSD reviews.
0-Fill Compressible Data
A score of 7800 is what we expect from an array comprised of mainstream SSD's. Read performance/scoring is excellent, approaching hyper-class performance. Write scoring/performance is where the Ultra Plus doesn't perform like our other arrays. As you can see. write performance does not scale as commands stack up. 4K QD1 IOPS are about the same as 4K QD16.
0-Fill Compressible Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
This graph clearly shows our Ultra Plus array running with the best of them when reading data.
0-Fill Compressible Write IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Write caching enables our array to put out nearly three times the performance of a single drive at 4K QD1. The Ultra Plus is equipped with a 4-channel controller and the rest of the arrays on our chart have 8-channel controllers. A 4-channel controller can read as fast as an 8-channel controller, but isn't as fast when writing data.
Compression 100% Incompressible Data
Like the Extreme II, the Ultra Plus is ever so slightly faster when digesting compressible data.
Incompressible Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Reading incompressible data doesn't change the pecking order of the arrays on our chart.
Incompressible Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Writing incompressible data does change the Ultra Plus's performance significantly in comparison to writing compressible data.
The 4-channel controller powering the Ultra Plus can't deliver performance on par with the 8-channel based arrays on our chart, but the performance our array is able to churn out is more than adequate for any mainstream user scenario.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Blackmagicdesign's Disk Speed Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 13 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.