SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB
The SanDisk Extreme II comes packaged in a small attractive box that has a picture of the drive on front. The box is grey with red and white lettering. The drives capacity is listed along with a few attributes common to SSD's.
The rear of the box gives us the definition of a gigabyte in ten languages. A yellow logo informs us that the drive is backed by an industry standard three year warranty.
SanDisk includes a stick-on plastic spacer for increasing the drives overall thickness, as well as a printed installation guide.
The top of the enclosure is formed from a single piece of black plastic. Centered on the top face of the drive is a black manufacturer's sticker with red and white lettering.
The bottom and sides of the enclosure are formed from a single piece of stamped aluminum painted black. Centered on the rear face of the enclosure is a manufacturer's sticker that lists the drives part number, serial number, capacity and interface.
Here's what SanDisk's Ultra Plus 256GB SSD looks like completely disassembled. The Ultra Plus has a tiny PCB. The drives controller, DRAM module and two of the drives four NAND chips all make contact with a thermal pad, thereby dissipating heat generated into the aluminum half of the enclosure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Blackmagicdesign's Disk Speed Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 13 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.