- Albatron Conclusion
While Albatron have quite a nice looking motherboard on their hands, the package is not the most exciting and overall performance is lacking. At first we thought that it might have been a driver/setting issue but we found that both motherboards were set up exactly the same making an explanation to lack of the performance harder for us to discover.
The package that comes with the Albatron did not phase us too much and nothing was included that stood out. The motherboard is a lot slower then the EPoX competitor which uses the exact same chipset which makes it a hard product to recommend.
When it came to overclocking as soon as we went to 210MHz FSB we instantly found that we had killed our Windows install and we knew that it was time to shut down and call it quits.
Great looking PCB
3 DIMM slots
Slower then Epox
Rating - 6 out of 10
- Epox Conclusion
Like the Albatron motherboard, the package isn't anything to write back home about but it was able to perform quite well. One big down fall on this motherboard was the fact that it only had two DIMM slots. If you're interested in a motherboard that brings the latest Athlon 64 chipset at a more affordable price, the EPoX 8HDA3 might be a better option.
When it came to overclocking it performed just as well as we had hoped with a maximum 220MHz FSB achieved which we found is the best we can get out of our processor (on any Athlon 64 motherboard) before we get ugly data corruption.
Like most of EPoX' other motherboards, we should find that the pricing of the motherboard will be very competitive once it hits store shelves thanks to the corners cut with the package. If you want something big and fancy this isn't the product for you. If you want something that performs well and should be priced well then the EPoX 8HDA3 motherboard deserves a second or third look.
Less than exciting appearance
Only 2 DIMM slots
Rating - 8 out of 10
Stay tuned as we take a look at two more Athlon 64 motherboards soon!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 2 [Specifications - Albatron K8X800 Pro II]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 3 [Features - Albatron K8X800 Pro II]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 4 [Specifications - EPoX 8HDA3]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 5 [Features - EPoX 8HDA3]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001 SE]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 13 [Conclusions]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Daydream to have 11 devices by the end of 2017
- Nokia's flagship will be announced on August 16th
- Nintendo hits $1.37 billion in net sales in Q1 earnings
- Splatoon 2 sells 670,995 copies in 3 days in Japan
- AMD shares rise 8% riding Ryzen and GPU excitement
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available