- Albatron Conclusion
While Albatron have quite a nice looking motherboard on their hands, the package is not the most exciting and overall performance is lacking. At first we thought that it might have been a driver/setting issue but we found that both motherboards were set up exactly the same making an explanation to lack of the performance harder for us to discover.
The package that comes with the Albatron did not phase us too much and nothing was included that stood out. The motherboard is a lot slower then the EPoX competitor which uses the exact same chipset which makes it a hard product to recommend.
When it came to overclocking as soon as we went to 210MHz FSB we instantly found that we had killed our Windows install and we knew that it was time to shut down and call it quits.
Great looking PCB
3 DIMM slots
Slower then Epox
Rating - 6 out of 10
- Epox Conclusion
Like the Albatron motherboard, the package isn't anything to write back home about but it was able to perform quite well. One big down fall on this motherboard was the fact that it only had two DIMM slots. If you're interested in a motherboard that brings the latest Athlon 64 chipset at a more affordable price, the EPoX 8HDA3 might be a better option.
When it came to overclocking it performed just as well as we had hoped with a maximum 220MHz FSB achieved which we found is the best we can get out of our processor (on any Athlon 64 motherboard) before we get ugly data corruption.
Like most of EPoX' other motherboards, we should find that the pricing of the motherboard will be very competitive once it hits store shelves thanks to the corners cut with the package. If you want something big and fancy this isn't the product for you. If you want something that performs well and should be priced well then the EPoX 8HDA3 motherboard deserves a second or third look.
Less than exciting appearance
Only 2 DIMM slots
Rating - 8 out of 10
Stay tuned as we take a look at two more Athlon 64 motherboards soon!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 2 [Specifications - Albatron K8X800 Pro II]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 3 [Features - Albatron K8X800 Pro II]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 4 [Specifications - EPoX 8HDA3]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 5 [Features - EPoX 8HDA3]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001 SE]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- Albatron vs. EPoX - Page 13 [Conclusions]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ: 31.5-inch 1440p 144Hz FreeSync
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 Katana: hands-on with the ninja
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti HOF Limited Edition detailed
- GALAX shows off GTX 1080 Ti HOF OC Lab Edition
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z in detail
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card