Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: RC6
So what is Anvil Storage Utilities? First of all, it's a storage benchmark for SSDs and HDDs where you can check and monitor your performance. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests, you can run a full test or just the read or the write test or you can run a single test, i.e. 4K QD16.
The software is used several different ways and to show different aspects for each drive. We've chosen to use this software to show the performance of a drive with two different data sets. The first is with compressible data and the second data set is incompressible data. Several users have requested this data in our SSD reviews.
0-Fill Compressible Data
9300 points is a nice score. Not hyper-class level, but definitely upper enthusiast class performance.
0-Fill Compressible Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Good performance, not quite at the level of the two hyper-class arrays on our chart, but definitely better performance than our SandForce based array.
0-Fill Compressible Write IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Write caching enables our array to put out over three times the performance of a single drive at 4K QD1. This time our Seagate 600 array manages to outperform both the EVO and Extreme II arrays. SandForce wins this one because the test data is compressible.
Compression 100% Incompressible Data
Even better scoring with incompressible data. This doesn't necessarily mean that the Seagate 600 prefers incompressible data, it's just a variation from one run to the next more than anything else.
Incompressible Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Reading incompressible data doesn't change the pecking order of the arrays on our chart.
Incompressible Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Writing incompressible data does change the pecking order of the arrays on our chart. When writing incompressible data, our Seagate 600 array manages to win this round by slightly beating out our EVO array with a more consistent performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 240GB]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Blackmagicdesign's Disk Speed Test]
- Page 13 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.