Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Seagate's 600 series is available in three capacity sizes - 120GB, 240GB and 480GB. Specifications list the 240GB 600 series SSD as capable of exceeding 500 MB/s sequential reads and exceeding 400 MB/s sequential writes. Random read/write speed is listed at up to 80,000/70,000 IOPS at 4K QD32. The 600 series is available in 7mm or 5mm z-height configurations.
Seagate backs the 240GB 600 series SSD with an industry standard limited three year warranty. The 240GB drives we are looking at today are warranted for a maximum of 73 terabytes of data written to the device during a three year period. The 240GB Seagate 600 is currently available from Amazon for $193 (80 cents per GB).
Since this is a RAID article, we are going to focus on performance rather than features. For a more in-depth look at the Seagate 600 series feature set, I will refer you to Chris Ramseyer's extensive review of the Seagate 600 240GB .
Now let's see what kind of performance we can squeeze from a pair of Seagate's latest SSDs in RAID 0.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 240GB]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Blackmagicdesign's Disk Speed Test]
- Page 13 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.