The Intel NAS Performance Toolkit (NASPT) is a file system exerciser and analysis tool designed to enable direct measurement of home network attached storage (NAS) performance. Designed to emulate the behavior of an actual application, NASPT uses a set of real-world workload traces gathered from typical digital home applications. Traces of high definition video playback and recording, office productivity applications, video rendering/content creation and more provide a broad range of different application behaviors.
Playing data back from the NAS doesn't show a large difference between our three tests.
On this chart we see a mix with both reading and writing data to the NAS and a 100% sequential data write test. The mixed mode test shows very little difference between neither of the enhancements activated and deduplication activated. The write test showed a significant drop in performance with dedupe enabled.
The combination with both dedupe and compression enabled slowed the EonNAS Pro 510 down the most as it should since more CPU resources are needed to compress the data.
Here we see the same downward decline in performance as we enable more compression technology, at least in the Office Productivity test.
The final set of tests shows performance all over the place and nothing like what we expected from the File Copy from NAS. The other tests on the chart show the same decline in performance.
The image above shows the CPU utilizations from no dedupe and no compression (top) and both dedupe and compression enabled (bottom).
With the data compression technology enabled, the CPU works harder than without when transferring the same data to the NAS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Infortrend EonNAS Pro 510]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Compression Capacity]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform