The last time we saw the Infortrend EonNAS Pro 510 was in our review that covered the layout and the performance under traditional tests. What we didn't manage to test was the performance with deduplication, a feature unique to the EonNAS Pro Series at these price points.
Deduplication or dedupe is a compression technique that removes bits of repeating data. The more often a string is repeated, the smaller the overall file and files can become. While dedupe is a form of compression, Infortrend's NAS also has LZJB algorithm data compression that can be used in conjunction with dedupe. Together, you can put more data on your NAS than what you might not normally be able to.
In most cases, that means more data than your HDDs can normally hold. Here at TweakTown, that means we're going to use solid state drives and take a run at building a flash storage NAS that, with dedupe and compression, would be viable for storing data long term.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Infortrend EonNAS Pro 510]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Compression Capacity]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD to paper launch Radeon R9 Fury X2, could be delayed into 2016
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Nintendo's 'Mario Kart' eSports show coming to DisneyXD channel
- MSI Z170A Krait motherboard includes Rainbow Six Siege, new design
- GeForce 359.06 driver prepares you for Just Cause 3, Rainbow Six Siege
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad P40 Yoga Mobile Workstation
- Cohesive Networks Joins HPE's Cloud28+ Catalogue of Services for European Enterprises
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China
- IGEL UDC2 now converts enterprise-class Dell Wyse thin clients