LSI SandForce based SSD's are the most prolific of all solid state drives in the consumer market today. LSI SandForce offers vendors an easy, cost effective path for producing their own branded SSD's. LSI SandForce is particularly attractive because, not only is it the most cost efficient solution, LSI SandForce has earned legendary status for performance as well as reliability.
Because LSI SandForce is so prevalent in the consumer SSD space, it's a given that TweakTown is going to show you what a pair of team LSI SandForce SSD's are capable of in RAID 0. There are many configurations we can choose from including asynchronous, synchronous and toggle NAND arrays. We've decided on Synchronous NAND equipped SSD's to represent team SandForce on our bench today.
We've chosen one of LSI SandForce's largest partners, Mushkin, to represent today. Mushkin is a fabless memory company that specializes in SSD's, RAM and various flash based storage devices. Mushkin's Chronos Deluxe is one of a few SSD's that are still available in configurations that utilize IMFT 25nm NAND arrays. IMFT 25nm NAND is "the good stuff", featuring superior performance and longevity in comparison to today's 20nm IMFT NAND.
LSI SandForce's 2200 series FSP's (Flash Storage Processors) have been featured on countless SSD for the past couple of years. In terms of computer hardware, a couple of years is a VERY long time. This longevity and continued implementation of the LSI SandForce 2200 Series FSP is testament to the power of LSI SandForce with its exclusive compression technology.
Today we're pitting our Chronos Deluxe array up against much newer technology SSD's like the Samsung EVO and SanDisk's Extreme II. It's not really an apples to apples comparison because of the capacity differences, but nevertheless should give us a pretty good idea of how LSI SandForce powered drives compare to drives with newer technology.
Let's see how team LSI SandForce fares.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Blackmagicdesign's Disk Speed Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni