Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: RC6
So what is Anvil Storage Utilities? First of all, it's a storage benchmark for SSDs and HDDs where you can check and monitor your performance. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests, you can run a full test or just the read or the write test or you can run a single test, i.e. 4K DQ16.
The software is used several different ways and to show different aspects for each drive. We've chosen to use this software to show the performance of a drive with two different data sets. The first is with compressible data and the second data set is incompressible data. Several users have requested this data in our SSD reviews.
0-Fill Compressible Data
Any time you can score over 10,000 points with a pair of drives, you are dealing with hyper-class SSD's.
0-Fill Compressible Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
The Extreme II has great 4K QD1 read performance, but the EVO is in a league of its own, especially when dealing with compressible data.
0-Fill Compressible Write IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Write caching enables our array to put out three times the performance of a single EVO where it matters most; 4K QD1.
Compression 100% Incompressible Data
Here's the thing, a pair of EVO's is essentially writing at full speed at single queue depths. 571 MB/s at 4K QD1 is astounding performance, especially when you consider we're significantly handicapped by running Windows 8. If we were running Windows 7, 4K QD1 write performance would be well over 700 MB/s.
Incompressible Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
For some unknown reason, the EVO does prefer compressible data when reading at 4K QD1. This may be a testing anomaly, and even if it's not, the EVO still has better 4K QD1 incompressible read performance than any drive on the market today.
Incompressible Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Interestingly enough, our write IOPS with incompressible data are significantly better than with compressible data. We're going to chalk this up to differences between runs more than a difference between data types. Samsung's flagship SSD's get faster the more you use them. This defies logic, but it's something I've noticed since the 840 Pro launched.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Blackmagicdesign's Disk Speed Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Google Contributor reduces website ads for monthly fee
- AMD Radeon Settings, Crimson Edition driver released
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Sony tells users not to upgrade to Windows 10
- Increase in card use ensures China's payment fraud rises
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED