One of the things I like most about TweakTown is Shawn's awesome SLI video card reviews. The performance he's able to get from a pair of video cards running in SLI is simply astounding. Running multiple cards linked together provides even more performance than a single card. It really redefines the meaning of performance PC.
RAID 0 can do the same thing as SLI or CrossFire does for video, for your storage system. How would you like to double or triple your storage performance? You can with RAID 0 and the nice thing is, RAID's already baked into your motherboard.
The biggest bottleneck on your PC has always been, and continues to be non-volatile storage. Even the fastest SSD can only serve up data at a tiny fraction of a CPU's capability to process it. Remember the first time you tried an SSD? Could you imagine ever going back to a spinner? SSD's have redefined the meaning of enthusiast-class PC.
RAID 0 takes SSD performance to another level and, that's exactly what this review is going to demonstrate. RAID 0 is simple to setup, reliable, and is something that once you try, will have you wondering how you ever lived without it.
We've chosen SanDisk's Extreme II 120GB SSD's for TweakTown's first Haswell based RAID 0 report. In this report, we'll demonstrate how RAID 0 increases storage performance and how that performance scales from 1 to 3 drives.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [SanDisk Extreme II 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Bench Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Further Reading: Read and find more Storage content at our Storage reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- NPD: Mobile gaming grew 20 percent in 2014, creating opportunities
- Intel to reclassify Atom processors with Atom x3, Atom x5 and Atom x7
- LG's unveils Watch Urbane LTE, lets you make calls from your wrist
- Corporate leaders are aware of IoT, but aren't really prepared for it
- Companies transitioning to better detection, response of cyberattacks
- Intermittent hardware problem: CLR CMOS - Dr. Debug 67
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse