ABIT KV8-MAX3 Continued Again
- ìGuru System Tools
The ABIT KV8-MAX3 comes with all the feature comforts you would want out of a top of the line motherboard. Something that has just made its way to the latest and greatest line of motherboards from ABIT is ìGuru. ABIT explain it best as follows:
"ìGuru is a second processor for interactive management of hardware monitoring, overclocking and e-service features."
ìGuru is simply a second hardware processor chip that helps bring you the most possible features. It is split into a number of different sections:
The ABIT EQ is not what we would call a simple hardware monitor; it looks fantastic and gives you every bit of information related to system temperatures and voltages you will ever need. You find V Dimm voltage, core voltage, rail voltages, OTES fan RPM, header fan RPM, CPU temperature, system temperature and a few other bits and pieces.
Blackbox is the latest in technical support. If you're having any trouble with your computer within Windows, you can simply run Blackbox and continue to fill in all the information needed. If you're not too sure what your system is there is an Auto Detect option that will simply do all the hard work for you. Once this is done you type your symptom in and within a few days one of ABIT's technical staff will get back to you on the problem. Blackbox is definitely the next step in technical support.
Next up is Fan EQ which helps give you a control of your fans. Fan EQ is split into three sections - CPU Fan, NB Fan and OTES Fan. Here you set alarms for temperature and how fast you want each fan to spin at 8V or 12V. Fan EQ gives you he most control over your fans and can make it a lot easier on the ears.
FlashMenu is the latest in BIOS flashing utilities. Simply load it up, click on live update and watch it proceed to find, download and update your BIOS. No more worrying about having to place your floppy disk in and hitting the ALT + F2 button to get into the BIOS flash utility. BIOS flashing use to be such a scary task, thankfully many companies have realized this and now updating the BIOS can be done in a simply click of a button in under a minute.
Finally we have OC Guru. Here we are able to adjust AGP, DDR, CPU voltages on the fly as well as the Front Side Bus. Windows overclocking has always been something that has interested people and ABIT have gone out of their way to make it to the enthusiast's satisfaction.
Now we're finished talking about the motherboard and ìGuru, let's move onto the memory we choose for the system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- A64 Performance Computing - Page 1 [Introduction]
- A64 Performance Computing - Page 2 [The Processor]
- A64 Performance Computing - Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- A64 Performance Computing - Page 4 [The Motherboard Continued]
- A64 Performance Computing - Page 5 [The Motherboard Continued Again]
- A64 Performance Computing - Page 6 [The Memory]
- A64 Performance Computing - Page 7 [The Graphics Card]
- A64 Performance Computing - Page 8 [All the Other Stuff]
- A64 Performance Computing - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra MAX3]
- A64 Performance Computing - Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- A64 Performance Computing - Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001 SE]
- A64 Performance Computing - Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- A64 Performance Computing - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- A64 Performance Computing - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- A64 Performance Computing - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- A64 Performance Computing - Page 16 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.