HD Station - XBMC Overview
Upon launching XBMC, you will be here, at Weather. The Weather tab allows you to view a five day forecast for your area, along with current conditions. The sources for weather are configurable in the settings menu that we will look at further along in the article.
The Picture tab allows you to view all of your photos that are stored in the NAS multimedia photo directory.
The Video tab allows a few options for watching movies or TV shows. To the left, we have the movie sub tab that we will look at in the next image, moving to the right there is the files section where you gain access to all video files based on a folder system. The Add-On section allows you to download all video related app from the massive development community.
The movie tab categorizes all your films while offering a cover photo to the right. Another feature is the classification of films according to the quality.
The music tab offers several sub sections that allow you to view your music collection from several angles including artists, albums and songs. You can also view your entire collection from the file section.
The system tab houses several different sections, along with a full on file manager. In the system info tab you can view the hardware configuration of your NAS, while the settings tab allows you to configure that XBMC interface to your liking.
As stated above, the settings menu allows you to configure the interface to your liking. Here you can change the appearance of the interface by using skins, change video, music, and picture settings along with setting up your weather service and any add-ons you may have downloaded.
Further Reading: Read and find more Storage content at our Storage reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Not a Rubix Cube - much cooler. Waterproof linux-powered cube PC
- Win a trip to Computex 2015 from GIGABYTE by overclocking your PC
- Apple teases media event for March 9, could we meet the Apple Watch?
- Bumblebee is that you? Hardware Extreme's black and yellow project
- Samsung provides YouTube stream for its Galaxy S6 launch event
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse