Bapco MobileMark 2012 1.5
Version and / or Patch Used: 2012 1.5
Developer Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
Test Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
MobileMark 2012 1.5 is an application-based benchmark that reflects usage patterns of business users in the areas of office productivity, media creation and media consumption. Unlike benchmarks that only measure battery life, MobileMark 2012 measures battery life and performance simultaneously, showing how well a system design addresses the inherent tradeoffs between performance and power management.
Our MobileMark battery life test with the Lenovo W530 and the SiMo reference design produced results just behind the LSI SandForce B02 controller with the same Toshiba Toggle flash (ADATA SX900).
PCMark Vantage HDD Test - Power Consumption
I'm a bit surprised the reference design didn't do better in the battery life test after looking at the power consumption while running a trace based benchmark.
The Silicon Motion reference design barely sips power, it's like a cactus is with water. In a few weeks we should have our first Haswell based notebook with working DEVSLP. We'll try to run the drive with DEVSLP working at that time and see where it stands then.
Thermal Test - BETA
It's difficult to make excessive heat without using excessive power. Here we see the Silicon Motion SM2246EN controller at idle for 10 minutes (top) and under an intense 4K load for ten minutes (below). The ambient temperature for both measurements was 20C.
The SM2246EN controller idles around 30C and under load the controller reaches 52.6C. Measuring point 2 is the closest NAND flash package to the controller. With such a low temperature coming from the controller, we don't have to worry about the flash reaching temperatures outside of spec.
We look for heat issues for both stability and endurance reasons.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications and Availability]
- Page 3 [Silicon Motion SM2246EN Reference Design]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Power and Thermal Testing]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
Further Reading: Read and find more Storage content at our Storage reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Secret Service plans to test drone flights in Washington, D.C
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch could replace car keys for newer vehicles
- RIP 'Star Trek' legend Leonard Nimoy
- Cyberattacks top threat to United States, intelligence agencies say
- Lenovo promises to be more transparent about pre-installed software
- GIGABYTE X99-Gaming 5 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK PCI-E Slot Confusion
- maximum ram in a GA-H55M-UD2H
- plugging a peripheral into front panel USB 2.0 killed the peripheral? and suspends the computer?
- USB Devices go unrecognized AM3+ Extreme 3 990fx
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse