RAID 0 Database/OLTP
This test emulates Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is in essence the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Enterprise SSDs are uniquely well suited for the financial sector with their low latency and high random workload performance. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These are demanding 8K random workloads with a 66% read and 33% write distribution that can bring even the highest performing solutions down to earth.
The larger RAID 0 array tops out at 190,885 IOPS, and the smaller reaches speeds of 87,889 IOPS.
The Webserver profile is a read-only test with a wide range of file sizes. Web servers are responsible for generating content for users to view over the internet, much like the very page you are reading. The speed of the underlying storage system has a massive impact on the speed and responsiveness of the server that is hosting the website, and thus the end-user experience.
The 8-drive array reaches speed of 169,537 IOPS, while the smaller array tops out at 87,889 IOPS at QD256.
Tailoring the workload for the environment would leave a few choices with this type of file access, with the larger array offering tradeoffs between IOPS or latency, though the smaller array clearly scales best at QD64.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Intel DCS3700 Architecture]
- Page 3 [Adaptec ASR-72405]
- Page 4 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 5 [RAID 0 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [RAID 0 8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 7 [RAID 0 128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 8 [RAID 0 Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 9 [RAID 5 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 10 [RAID 5 8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 11 [RAID 5 128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 12 [RAID 5 Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording