RAID 0 Database/OLTP
This test emulates Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is in essence the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Enterprise SSDs are uniquely well suited for the financial sector with their low latency and high random workload performance. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These are demanding 8K random workloads with a 66% read and 33% write distribution that can bring even the highest performing solutions down to earth.
The larger RAID 0 array tops out at 190,885 IOPS, and the smaller reaches speeds of 87,889 IOPS.
The Webserver profile is a read-only test with a wide range of file sizes. Web servers are responsible for generating content for users to view over the internet, much like the very page you are reading. The speed of the underlying storage system has a massive impact on the speed and responsiveness of the server that is hosting the website, and thus the end-user experience.
The 8-drive array reaches speed of 169,537 IOPS, while the smaller array tops out at 87,889 IOPS at QD256.
Tailoring the workload for the environment would leave a few choices with this type of file access, with the larger array offering tradeoffs between IOPS or latency, though the smaller array clearly scales best at QD64.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Intel DCS3700 Architecture]
- Page 3 [Adaptec ASR-72405]
- Page 4 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 5 [RAID 0 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [RAID 0 8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 7 [RAID 0 128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 8 [RAID 0 Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 9 [RAID 5 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 10 [RAID 5 8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 11 [RAID 5 128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 12 [RAID 5 Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch owners can share game updates locally
- AMD teases 8K graphics workload on Radeon RX Vega
- AMD launches dual-GPU Radeon Pro Duo with 32GB of GDDR5
- Dawn of War III PC Steam deals are up to 25% off
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family